25 || An Alliance 🙏🏼

"Who would kill Adam Hunt with an arrow?" I asked, lounging in the chair next to Oliver, my legs casually kicked up in his lap

"Who would kill Adam Hunt with an arrow?" I asked, lounging in the chair next to Oliver, my legs casually kicked up in his lap. I was playing with one of the many Arrows that sat on a rack in front of me, and gestured at Oliver with it. "I mean other than you."

We were down in the bunker with Diggle. Oliver had called an emergency meeting this morning after everything that went down last night. Adam Hunt was shot and killed in his Hotel Room last night by three Arrows - Black Arrows. I had taken a look at the file earlier to see Detective Lance believed he was dealing with a Copy Cat.

At least he was done blaming Oliver and the Hood for everything wrong in this City.

"A setup maybe." Oliver's voice and the tapping of his fingers against my ankle caught my attention. I looked over at him curiously.

"Like someone wanted to disguise killing Hunt as the work of the Hood." I asked and Oliver nodded silently.

"Whoever he was, he's good." Oliver told us and I looked from him to John sitting in the other chair just behind us. "The grouping on Hunts chest was tight, compound bow, most likely. The guys a legitimate archer."

"So, someone who would be particular about his choice of arrows." John was the one to point out and my eyebrows shot up at what he was implying.

"So, we get an arrow..."

"We get a bead on where he purchased them." Oliver finished for me and I pointed at him with the arrow.

"So, what're you going to do?" John asked, and I met Oliver's gaze, seeing the weight in his eyes - like he was trying to decide something.

"What anyone does when they need help... call a cop." He tapped my calves and I took that as my signal to drop them out of his lap. He got up and grabbed something out of nearby drawer, when he got closer I could see it was a small, black phone.

"What's that?" I finally asked.

"An untraceable phone, I got it a couple weeks back but never had any use for it, now I do." He slipped it into a yellow envelope and handed it to John.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" John asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he slowly took it.

"Mail it to Lance," Oliver finally decided. "Maybe it's about time we got him on our side."

John left to mail out the phone and in the mean time Oliver and I left to go meet up with Thea. We were going to be joining her for lunch and then I promised Thea we'd go shopping and got Oliver to tag along seeing as this case was cold until Lance got back to us. I could only steal so much evidence from the office before people started to notice - and all eyes were on me after the last time I helped Oliver out on a case.

"I think there should be a national holiday for the guy who invented French Fries." Thea was saying after we'd ordered and taken a seat in a corner booth, popping a fry into her mouth. We had gotten a big thing of Fries to share while I had gotten a Bacon Ranch Salad and a Lemonade for my lunch.

"There is no Christmas party is there?" Oliver asked, and instead of saying anything Thea met my gaze across the booth. I was sitting on the inside of the booth, next to Oliver, while Thea sat across from us. "Thea, Dad threw one of these every year. Did... did people think I just wasn't going to notice."

"Oliver..." I began, placing a comforting hand on his thigh. I opened my mouth to try and explain how things were on our side of the past five years - those of us who weren't on the island with him and really believed he was dead.

I never got to, cause that's when Thea's little friend, Shane, came over to us, "Thea, hi."

"Shane, hi," Thea smiled and I could instantly see her brighten at his presence. "Uh, Shane this is my brother Oliver and you remember, Harley."

"Nice to meet you Thea's brother. Harley."

I nodded my head at him in a greeting, "Shane."

"I bet the food on that island is better than the food their serving here, huh?" Shane attempted to break the Ice and I cringed at the look Oliver got.

"You'd lose that bet." He smiled fakely and I gave his thigh a light squeeze, tossing him a silent look that basically said 'be nice'.

Shane cleared his throat, sensing the tension, "We're heading out to the bay if you want to come."

Thea smiled at that, her gaze flickering over to Oliver and I and then back to Shane. "Thanks but I'm spending the afternoon with my brother, and Harley."

He nodded in understanding, "another time, see you." Thea gave a soft parting, watching him leave until the bell above the door jingled - signalling he'd left.

"How do you know that Shane guy?" Oliver was the one to ask that, and the wariness in his voice was to be expected. 

Thea rolled her eyes, "we rob banks and smoke crack together."

"That's funny," Oliver didn't look the slightest bit amused. "I don't think I'm going to be a fan

Thea scoffed, "You don't even know him."

"Apparently Harley does," my eyes widened as the attention was turned to me and I twirled my straw casually in my drink as I looked over at Oliver. "How'd that happen?"

I licked my lips hesitantly, "You're not gonna like my answer." Oliver just looked at me and I could practically hear the desperate stare Thea was giving me. "That's Chuck's cousin," I admitted. "I met him a couple years ago when he was much younger."

Oliver licked his top teeth and Thea sighed in defeat, dropping her forehead into her hand. Not that I blamed her, Oliver hated Chuck more than I've ever seen someone hate another person and no doubt would that transfer over to his younger cousin. Especially, when it came to his sister.

"You're right I didn't like that answer." He admitted and I tossed him a knowing look.

"Can we change the subject." Thea finally broke in.

"Fine." Oliver gave in, straightening slightly in his seat. "You were going to tell me why we're not having the annual Christmas party."

Thea sighed softly, glancing at me and I tossed her a meaningful look. If she just explained it to him, I was sure he'd understand. "When you and Dad disappeared... by the time Christmas rolled around, no one felt like celebrating, so we kind of skipped Christmas that year. Every year... and it's really fine so..." she trailed off, shrugging. There wasn't much else to say.

Oliver shook his head, "No... no it's really not."