17 || Just a Kiss 💏

I had been woken up early that day and called into work by Detective Pike after an armed robbery by a gang called the Royal Flush turned deadly and led to Officer Washington being in the hospital

I had been woken up early that day and called into work by Detective Pike after an armed robbery by a gang called the Royal Flush turned deadly and led to Officer Washington being in the hospital. It was a toss up whether he made it out of there or not and it's what led me to be sitting in my office and flipping through the file on the case.

A knock at my door caught my attention and I called out a distracted 'come in' as I continued to read the file. I was surprised to see John Diggle come walking through my office door.

I tossed him a strange smile, "Johnny, what're you doing here?" I stole a glance passed him, just in case Oliver was following him. It had been a whole week since he kissed me and I'd been skillfully avoiding him.

"Don't worry, Oliver isn't here."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Well, let's just say in all the time that I've known the two of you, this is the first time I haven't seen you joint at the hip." I let out a short laugh at that, but it didn't hold any real amusement. I hated this. Lately it seemed like everything was trying to stop me and Oliver from being friends - it was like one hit right after the other. "Wanna talk about it."

"My best friend of twenty something years just kissed me," I pressed my lips into a thin line, tossing the file onto my desk. "There's not much to talk about."

"There's plenty to talk about, just not with me." He countered and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What're you doing here, Johnny," the subject change was painfully obvious, but he let it go.

"The Royal Flush gang, you ever heard of them?"

I stole a glance down at my file before flicking my gaze back up to his, "yeah, they just hit up Starling City bank yesterday. Why?"

"I'm trying to convince Oliver to help get them off the streets, but he's very determined to stick to this list he has." I tilted my head, nodding along. "I was hoping maybe you could help me convince him... show him there's more to saving the city than the corrupt elite."