09 || Dead Shot vs The Hood 👁

•••

•••

My eyes danced around the room as I came inside, everyone was so fancy, elegant. I took a moment to straighten out my dress, the top a lacey white with thick straps and the skirt and layered, Cotton Candy pink that hung to just above my knees. "You look beautiful." Oliver came up behind me causing me to jump.

I spun to look at him and laughed uneasily, "you scared me," I reached out to fix his tie. "You don't look so bad yourself, Casanova." He looked nervous, his eyes darting around the room like anything could happen at any moment. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Oliver smiled over at me and then around at everyone. "Are you not part of the overwhelming security."

"I am, just under cover cause I didn't want to cancel on you," I admitted, shrugging my shoulder slightly. "We got a tip from the Hood." He looked interested but, I didn't specify, I didn't get the chance to either.

"Well, don't you scrub up nice?" I looked up at the patronizing voice of one Quentin Lance, his eyes filled with hatred as he looked over at Oliver.

"Here to support my family." Oliver said with a smile.

"Yeah, me, too, God help me." Quentin muttered as he stalked off from the couple.

I watched him walk away, knowing that when I first came with the information he was skeptical on where I got it, especially when I refused to go into detail on how I knew Warren Patel had hired Floyd Lawton to take down the buyers tonight. I couldn't tell him the Hood told me, I wouldn't be able to get a single officer here if he knew that was the case.

"Dig. Got your eyes open?" My attention was pulled back to Oliver when he spoke and I followed his gaze to John.

"That's what I'm here for, sir. That and answering patronizing questions." Diggle quipped earning a giggle from me. He smiled at me and gave a curt nod in my direction, "nice to see you against, Harley."

"You too, Johnny."

"This guy's out of time. If he's going to do something, it's going to happen before the auction." Oliver muttered, and I cocked my head to the side to look at him.

"Sir?" John prompted.

"I heard the story on the radio." He covered quickly.

Before I could question his obvious lie, Walter came over, "Oliver, Harleen. So pleased you were able to attend."

"Walter, the police said that some of the Unidac bidders were murdered. I just think that we should be a little bit more careful. My mother's already lost a husband."

"Well, if Moira shared your concern, she wouldn't have come. And she definitely wouldn't have brought your sister." Oliver's eyes widened as he looked to where Walter was pointing.

"Oliver, are you okay?" I asked him, resting a hand on his arm. Instead of answering, he took my hand and pulled me along through the crowd towards his mother and sister.

Moira smiled at the two of us, "Oliver, Harley, what a wonderful surprise."

Oliver gave her a small smile, turning his attention to John as the man came up behind them, "I need you to get them out of here right now."

"Oliver are you okay?" I asked again, but he didnt get the chance to answer.

It all happened so fast. The sound of the bullet ringing through the air, the glass shattering, everyone screaming and running. I gasped loudly, my eyes glued to the body of the waiter as he fell to the ground.

I felt hands on my face, forcing me to look away from the fallen body and into piercing blue eyes, "are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, im fine, I-" I broke off, clearing my mind and getting into Officer mode as I pulled my gun out of the holster around my thigh and checked to make sure it was filled.

"Sir, I have to get you out of here."John tried to get Oliver to leave but he wasnt having it.

"No, them! Them!" His eyes meant business as he made sure John listened to his order of getting his Mom and sister to safety before taking off.

"Oliver!" I called after him, but he didn't turn back. "Where're you going?"

"Lieutenant," I turned to see one of my officers coming up behind me. "Lance wants us to split up, cover more ground and get as many people out as we can. Come on."

I looked back over my shoulder at where Oliver disappeared before cursing softly and running after Officer Barnes to try and help everyone to safety. The only question on my mind though, where the Hell did Oliver go in all this madness?