02 || The Vigilante 🏹

•••

•••

I had gotten stuck at the office longer than I wanted to. I was sitting at my desk, going over a few files before Adam Hunt's caught my eye. Adam Hunt was a man that Laurel was currently prosecuting down at CNRI but everyone thought it was a lost cause. He was an elitist after all. But, I wasn't so sure. Someone had to bring this city to justice, cleanse it, even if it was one law suit at a time.

A rapping of knuckles startled me out of my thoughts, and I jumped, snapping wide eyes up to see Oliver and Tommy standing before my desk. "You scared me," I admitted, placing a hand over my chest letting out a short breath. "What're you guys doing here?"

"We were supposed to take on the city, remember?" Tommy asked. "The three of us, just like old times."

"I know, I just got really hung up on this case," I told them, waving the file in my hands.

"What case," Oliver pulled up a chair beside me, a curious look on his face. I hesitated, knowing that I wasn't allowed to share cases outside the force, but what would one little peek hurt.

"Adam Hunt," I told him, sliding him the manila folder. "Laurel's going to trial with him, the only problem is the judge is on Hunt's payroll. He's got Grell in his back pocket."

Tommy shook his head, "we know, we actually just got back from talking to Laurel."

I grimaced at the look on Tommy's face, "that bad?" I asked and he nodded, mouthing a dramatic 'oh yeah' to me.

My eyes fell back to Oliver, wanting to say something to try and comfort him - something like she'll come around, but I wasn't so sure she would. Before I could think of anything to say Oliver continued, "Adam's a heavy hitter, you sure you want to get into bed with him."

"I mean, I have to," I admitted, slipping the file back from him and tucking it into the desk drawer. "If I don't who else is going to protect the city?" Oliver's eyes flickered across my whole face than, like he'd been doing a lot recently. Like at the dinner table when I caught the bowl of fruit, like he was trying to figure something out, I just didn't know what.

"Yep, that's my sister. Always the hero," Tommy smart assed and I tossed him an unamused look. "Come on, let's go. I got a long day planned and I was already side tracked by one woman trying to save the city."

"Alright, let me just go clock out. I'll be right back."

After getting my card stamped and changing out of my uniform into something a little more comfortable, I grabbed my bag and headed out to Tommy's car. His car was this annoying, two door sports car that could only fit three people - barely at that. And it would've been uncomfortable if I wasn't so used to getting into tight spots with these two.

The first place we were going to go was this Sushi place that I was currently obsessed with - the CowFish. I had convinced Tommy to let me show Oliver and get lunch since I was currently starved after working all morning with no break.