20 || This Feeling... ❣️

I hurried into the hospital and right up to the front desk

I hurried into the hospital and right up to the front desk. I had just heard the call over the radio about a shooting over at Queen Consolidated involving Moira Queen. I smiled shortly at the woman and flashed her my badge, "Lieutenant Merlyn. I need to know what room Moira Queen is staying in."

She was quick to find the room number and give it to me. I gave her a short 'thank you' before heading straight there. I expected to find the woman in her bed with Thea and Oliver standing around her. What I didn't expect was to see Detective Lance and Detective Pike making their way to the same room.

I slowed my steps and frowned curiously, "Detectives. What're you doing here?"

"Lieutenant," Detective Lance narrowed his eyes slightly. "You're off duty. What're you doing here?"

"It's the Queens," I said like it should've been obvious and I didn't miss the slight eye roll Lance gave at that. I bit my tongue, choosing to ignore it. "What're you doing here?"

"My job."

I narrowed my eyes at his tone, opening my mouth, but what I was going to say was lost when Oliver made his way over to us. "Harley, what're you doing here?" He frowned at me.

I immediately turned to him, sure my worry reflected in my blue eyes. "I heard about your Mom. Is she okay?"

"She's fine. Thank you," he reached out and placed a hand on my lower back, leaving it there as he turned to the other two in the hallway. "Detectives. Any lead on the shooter?"

"No," Detective Pike was the one to answer. "Did you get a good look at him?"

Oliver made a face that basically said 'what do you think', "No, he was wearing a helmet."

"We'll find him, Ollie," I promised softly, reaching up to touch the front of his shoulder to get him to look at me. I smiled reassuringly at him - I'd see to it myself.

"Lieutenant, may I remind you, you are not on this case," Detective Lance began and I turned a sharp look at him.

"I am now," I told him shortly. Usually I didn't let comments like that from him bother me because at the end of the day I had a higher ranking so it didn't matter. But, this was personal. "I'll find him, you have my word."