32 || Asking 🎆

"So, you're actually gonna do it?" Tommy was asking me after I had stopped him, to steady myself on his shoulder as I fixed the strap of my heel

"So, you're actually gonna do it?" Tommy was asking me after I had stopped him, to steady myself on his shoulder as I fixed the strap of my heel. His voice was filled with disbelief, not that I blamed him after what I just told him I was going to do. "You're gonna ask Oliver out on a date?"

I dropped my foot, tossing him a quick look for his shock, "yes. I think I at least owe him a chance, you know? I mean, we've been best friend for 20 something odd years.

"Yeah, but it's hard to go from friends for so many years to more than friends," Tommy explained as we headed up the Queen's drive way. Tommy and Oliver were going out for lunch before heading to the nightclub to meet the contractor. I was tagging along to ask Oliver to dinner before going to lunch with my Dad.

"You and Laurel did it," I pointed out and Tommy tipped his head in agreement. "And obviously something happened to make it not so hard for Oliver... maybe I just need that something to happen for me."

"Maybe..."

Tommy opened the door like he owned the place, and after so many years of friendship we basically did. I followed him into the main room where I could hear Thea and Oliver's distinct voices.

"Yeah, but I could back it out of the driveway without hitting a tree." I heard Oliver say as I came around the corner to see him smirking tauntingly at Thea who was sitting on the couch.

"Oh, that's true. but, I do remember you taking the paint off the side of your Dad's Maserati." Tommy pointed out and I laughed at the memory.

I had asked him to come over cause my Dad was out of town and my brother was being an ass and ignoring me for some girl and he was there within minutes. Unfortunately, in his haste he had taken off half the paint on the passenger side door.

Heels behind me caught my attention and I turned to see Moira come into the room. "Thea, the party planner's waiting. Sorry, to run off like this." She greeted Tommy with a kiss on the cheek and then did the same to me.

Thea was up with a pointed look, "Don't we have a convertible to go buy."

I chuckled, resting a hand on Moira's arm, "Good luck with that."