23 || Disaster Double Date 💣

The last thing I expected was to go out on another date with Charles Baizen, especially after what happened last time

The last thing I expected was to go out on another date with Charles Baizen, especially after what happened last time. But, when Tommy had asked me to double it with him and Laurel cause he didn't have the money since our father cut him off completely, I didn't really have a choice. Dad had taken all of it back, the trust funds, the stock portfolio's, everything until Tommy was completely broke.

When I had confronted him about it, seeing as he didn't touch my trust fund, he said it was cause Tommy was almost thirty years old and never given an ounce of responsibility while I was only 25 and managed to move up to a higher position than guys who've been in the force for way longer than I had.

Which, I found completely unfair - it wasn't Tommy's fault Dad coddled him for 20 something years.

I was going to ask Oliver if he wanted to come originally, that's why I had been down in the bunker earlier today. But, there was no getting through to him when it came to Helena.

"You know, I was surprised to hear from you again." Chuck began as we made our way down the sidewalk from where the valet took his car, to the restaurant. "Especially after what happened with Oliver."

"Yeah, well, Oliver and I aren't speaking right now, so..." I trailed off, smiling tightly. I really didn't want to talk about it, especially with Chuck.

Charles held the door open for me and I stepped inside, my eyes immediately finding Tommy and Laurel - the former gesturing to the bar while Laurel looked less than pleased with their current situation.

"Hey, look, it's Harley," Tommy clapped, hurrying over to me and placing his hands on my shoulders as he greeted me with a kiss on the cheek. "Where have you been?"

"Sorry, Charles spent a good thirty minutes just touching up his hair." I rolled my eyes just before Laurel and Chuck joined us. "Why don't I go get our table." I smiled at Laurel and she looked relieved at my words. "Tommy?"

My brother followed me as I made my way over to the blonde hostess, "you brought Chuck Baizen? The man's a gigantic ass."

"So, I've been told," I smiled tightly before turning to the hostess. "Hi, I'm Harleen Merlyn, I need a table for four."