27 || Angel 🦸🏻‍♀️

I had kept the outfit from the last time Oliver let me come out onto the field with him along with a few personal touches

I had kept the outfit from the last time Oliver let me come out onto the field with him along with a few personal touches. I changed into it quickly and slipped my two guns into the holsters around my thighs before hurrying up the ladder on the side of the building that I had seen Oliver go up. I fixed the black mask over my eyes as I came up behind him.

"Oliver."

He whipped around, an arrow quickly unsheathed and placed on his bow. I jerked back, my hands risen in surrender - sneaking up on Oliver was probably not my best decision. As soon as he saw it was me he lowered his bow, tucking the arrow back in his quiver.

"What do you think you're doing here?" He demanded, his voice in a hushed yell.

"Saving your ass."

Oliver stepped up to me quickly, barely a foot in front of me as he towered over my much smaller form. "This is my mess, Harley. I will clean it up." He insisted.

"You're not going in there alone," I argued back, not backing down from his intense gaze. My eyes flickered between his, sure my worry was as clear as day. "This guy is dangerous, Ollie."

"He has hostages, I can't focus on saving them if I'm worried about you."

I smirked, "Good thing I can take care of myself then."

Oliver and I didn't say a word, our eyes locked and neither one of us backing down. I simply crossed my arms, my hip cocked to the side slightly. His face crunched up slightly in frustration, "Damn it." He grumbled and I smirked in victory. "You stay by me the whole time, got it?"

"Yes, sir." I gave him a two fingered salute. He shot out an Arrow and I watched it embed itself in the building across the street.

"Hold on."

"What?" The word had barely left my mouth when Oliver looped an arm around my waist, pulled me flush against his chest, and jumped. I squeaked, wrapping my arms tightly around his shoulders as we flew through the air. I heard the glass shatter around us, but I didn't feel any of it hit me - thank goodness for all the leather.