24 || Copy Cat 🧬

I swung the knife down only for Oliver to catch my wrist and hook his other arm around my one, pining it as he easily slipped the knife from my grasp

I swung the knife down only for Oliver to catch my wrist and hook his other arm around my one, pining it as he easily slipped the knife from my grasp. "Sloppy," he commented, handing it back to me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "shut up." Oliver was training me in hand to hand combat like he used as the vigilante. I've had some training in the Police academy and the classes my Dad made me take a couple years ago, but it'd been a while since I've used it - especially since I've been promoted to lieutenant, I was rarely on the field, mainly paper work.

"You've really been picking up the pace," John was saying from where he was sitting by the computer while Oliver and I trained. "You've crossed three names off your list just this week."

"Well, most of these guys are just giving it up, now," he told him, easily blocking a round kick I threw at him. "All I have to do is pay them a visit." I swung the knife at him again, and this time he just ducked out of the way.

"I see the Vigilante's reputation is beginning to proceed him." Oliver smirked at that.

I lurched forward with the knife and Oliver easily caught my wrist, holding my hand back no matter how much pressure I applied. He suddenly yanked the knife out of my hand and jerked me around so my back was up against his chest and he had my arms pinned against my chest as he held the knife to my collar bone.

"And dead." I rolled my eyes, pushing out of his grip and pulling my hair up into a ponytail. Oliver tossed the knife up and caught it, "another round."

"No." I shot down the idea quickly, but Oliver simply smirked in amusement. I turned to see John collecting his jacket off the back of the chair, "where are you going?"

"I'm going to take my Nephew to the mall to see Santa, tell him what he wants for Christmas." He told me and I smiled at that, Christmas was always my favorite time of the year. People just always seemed happier and closer than any other time of the year.

"Christmas," Oliver echoed a small smile pulling at his lips as he looked over at me. "I didn't even realize."

If there was one person who loved Christmas more than me, if that was possible, it was Oliver. We would help the maids decorate the whole Queen's mansion and then I'd make my Mom's Salted Caramel Bark and Grinch Hot Cocoa that slowly turned into Grinch Irish Hot Cocoa as we got older. It was something I did every year to honor my Mom's memory.