18 || Awkward Reunions 🏍

•••

•••

I flipped through the file I had put together last night as John drove Oliver and I back to the Queens Mansion

I flipped through the file I had put together last night as John drove Oliver and I back to the Queens Mansion. Carter Bowen was back in town and I had agreed to come to the dinner long before Oliver had kissed me and now I was stuck with the obligation of sitting at a table with two boys I've had a tryst with.

"Here's the bank manager ace punched, his ring left a mark," I told Oliver, sliding the picture I had printed out over to him. I had convinced Oliver last night there was no reason for him to break into the police station when I was very capable of checking out the evidence legally - which is what I did this morning. "I ran it through the database and came up at Larchmont High."

"High School..." Oliver muttered, looking through the little window of the car that separated the front seats from the backs seats at where John was sitting.

I nodded, "I cross-referenced his height and relative age with a list of students and alumni. I dug a little deeper and found Kyle Reston," I handed Oliver the grainy picture of the twenty something year old. "Right before Kyle's senior year, not only did he drop out, he dropped off the grid. Along with his family - father, mother, and younger brother.

"There were two other guys involved with the robbery," Oliver pointed out the facts and I nodded, noticing the glint in his eyes that meant he was on to something. "And a woman."

"Yup, aside from our downed officer there were 22 customers and employees that came out of the bank; 9 men and 13 women," I handed him another one of the photos I took upon myself to print out before handing him one of an interior shot of the bank during the heist. "But, Inside; 9 men and 14 women."

"They put in a ringer," Oliver realized and I nodded, confirming his thought. "The mom."

I smirked in accomplishment, gathering up all the photos and tucking them back into the file before closing it neatly. "The police are looking for a crew, we're gonna be looking for a family.

"Speaking of, we are incredibly late for mine," Oliver muttered before shouting to John to step on it.

We were at the Queens mansion within the next five minutes and I hurried to follow Oliver inside while John headed back to the bunker. I brushed my fingers through my long hair to try and tame some of it back before fixing my sleeves and tugging my skirt down from where it had ridden up in the long car ride.