28 || Jo's Brother, Danny 👨🏻‍🚒

I walked down into the bunker after what felt like weeks - ever since his run in with the Copy Cat Archer and Walter going missing Oliver was either always locked up in his house or down here

I walked down into the bunker after what felt like weeks - ever since his run in with the Copy Cat Archer and Walter going missing Oliver was either always locked up in his house or down here. I stopped, leaning in on the stair railing as I watched him fire off an Arrow and miss the intended target - a bouncing Tennis Ball.

"You were closer that time," I made my presence known and Oliver's gaze flickered to mine, but there was no emotion on his face. I pushed off the railing and descended the last few steps, "how's rehab going?"

Oliver looked around the room, not gracing me with an answer, "any news on Walter?"

After Walter first went missing I put together a search team - as the weeks went on people slowly started to lose interest as they all assumed the worst. I cleared my throat, "nothing. My search team isn't as big as it was six weeks ago, Ollie... they're all pretty much thinking the same thing."

"Either my step father doesn't want to be found, or someone doesn't want him to be found." Oliver said and I gave him a pointed look - we both knew that wasn't what I was trying to say.

"It's been well over a month," I crossed my arms, stopping a few feet in front of him. "We haven't had any contact from the kidnappers, no ransom note, no proof of life. You know I'm always a 'glass half full' kind of girl, but-"

"Harley," Oliver cut me off, his gaze meaningful. He gave me a curt nod, "we both know he's more than likely dead."

I pressed my lips into a thin line, making no move to deny or confirm his statement. "What do you want to do?"

He moved around me, twirling his bow in his hand and setting it back up on it's rack. "I don't know, even my contacts in the Bratva couldn't dig up any information."

I turned to watch him, my eyes roaming the back of him, "I didn't mean Walter." When Oliver cocked his head over his shoulder to look at me, I picked up his little book off the desk. "Last time I checked, you've barely scratched the surface of this book."

Oliver licked his bottom lip quickly, "those people aren't going anywhere. With Walter missing my family needs me, right now." Oliver held my gaze, like he was daring me to argue with him - or maybe he wanted me to push him harder. But, I never got the chance because my phone chose that moment to ring.

I slipped my phone out of my pocket to see Laurel's name pop up - she could wait. My eyes darted back up only to find Oliver half way up the stairs as he pulled his shirt back on. I sighed in defeat, answering the call, "hey."

"Can you meet me at the Station, I need your help."

So, that's what I did. I took my Mini Cooper S to the station and parked in my reserved parking space. I was surprised no one took it one my days off, but I didn't ponder it long when I noticed Laurel sitting on one of the outside benches.

I climbed out of the car, squinting at the sunlight, "Laurel." I called her attention and she was on her feet as soon as she saw me."So, what was so urgent that I just had to come for."

She handed me the file she was holding and I frowned curiously as I took it from her. "You know about Jo's brother, Danny? The firefighter?"

"Yeah..." I told her, smiling tightly. "I was the lead on the call... I meant to check in on her, but with everything going on with Oliver and Walter, I just..." I trailed of, realizing no excuse was good enough. "How is she?"

"As expected," was Laurel's answer. "She thinks there's more to it than Danny getting killed in action... she thinks he was murdered."

My eyebrows shot up, "Laurel..." I was sure she could hear the skepticism in my voice.

"Just look at the file." She cut me off and with a sigh of defeat I opened it. It was the coroners report and the Chief Fireman's report on the incident. "I did some digging. Last week, another fire fighter, Leo Barnes, was killed in action. Same circumstances. Traces of Turpentine and ignition temperatures hotter than the actual fire. I tried to see if my Dad would talk to the Fire Marshall, talk him into pursuing it, but he said no."

"The Fire department has it's own investigative department," I told her, my eyes still glued to the coroners report. "They don't answer to the police."

"That's what he said," Laurel mumbled and I looked up long enough to see her roll her eyes.

I closed the file, hugging it to my chest, "if you already know I can't do anything, why'd you call me?"

"I was just thinking..." she hesitated and I quirked an eyebrow at him. "The Vigilante tends to do stuff the police can't."

"You want me to get the Vigilantes help on this?" I asked, laughing shortly. Although, maybe this is exactly what Oliver needed to get back in the groove of things. A case that revolved around helping people rather than that list his father gave him.

"I know he's been MIA for a while, but I figured you had gotten his help on the Peter Declan case a while back so..."

"So, I have some kind of in with him now?" I quirked an eyebrow, trying to play it off like this was the most ridiculous thing she'd ever asked me. Of course, I had an in with him - he'd been my best friend since I was 5.

"No, but maybe he'll listen to you," she held out a phone and I immediately recognized it as the phone Oliver had given Lance a couple weeks ago. "I got this from my Dad, it's a direct line."

"Yeah, he showed me..." I lied, slipping it from her hands. Laurel having this phone may not be the best thing. "I'll see what I can do."

"Really?" Laurel's eyes lit up like she didn't really believe I'd give in.

I smiled tightly, "yeah... really."