03 || Suspicious Behavior 📸

•••

•••

Oliver's 'Welcome Home' party was that night, and I had gotten the rest of night off, despite the literal army Lance had put together after getting wind of where the Robin Hood wanna be was going to be that night. I almost wanted to call in and get in on the action - see if there really was a hooded guy like Oliver said, but I knew Tommy would have my head if I didn't show up and I also knew that Oliver needed the support tonight.

That's why I was all dressed up in a black and gold dress, that stopped a little bit higher than mid thigh and compelled me to wear a pair of sheer, black stockings. I had my hair blown out and half pinned back and my makeup done professionally that night as I waited for Oliver to come pick me up like he said he would.

Tommy had headed in three hours in advanced to make sure everything was set and ready for his friends, anticipated, late arrival. A sleek black car pulled up in my large, rounded driveway at the Merlyn Mansion and I smiled when the door opened to reveal Oliver stepping out.

I placed a hand on my hip, cocking an eyebrow as I noticed Oliver check me out, "My eyes are up here Casanova."

He smirked at my joke, "you look beautiful, Angel."

"I know," I winked, getting an exasperated laugh from Oliver as he held the door open for me before climbing in himself. I frowned at the man who was already in the back seat of the car, before I realized this was probably the body guard Oliver had told me about. The one Moira hired for him after he got abducted.

"You're the body guard." I pointed at him.

The man gave a curt nod, "and you're the... girlfriend?"

"No, best friend," I corrected easily - it was an assumption made so many times in the past that I was just used to it by now - and held out my hand. "Harleen Merlyn."

"John Diggle."

I gave him one last smile before angling my body slightly to look at Oliver, crossing one leg over the other. "So, are you excited?" I asked, resting my head in my hand and leaning my elbow onto the back of the seat.

"I'm more overwhelmed, if anything."

I nodded at that. I could understand that. After being alone for five years just to be thrown back into society, to a party with hundreds of people there. I'd be overwhelmed too. "Hey," I rested a hand on his knee to capture his attention. "If you want, I can find an excuse to tell Tommy and we can head back to my house. Ditch."

"Thank you, but no." He shook his head. "If I don't just jump into the deep end, I'll avoid it forever."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. But, I'd take Ice Cream and Netflix with you, over Tequila in a room of strangers, any day."

"I'll agree with you on that one." He nodded, turning to watch the buildings zoom outside the window and smiled softly, just taking a second to watch him.