10 || Oliver Queen 🧑🏼

•••

•••

It was a long night for Oliver Queen. After taking down Dead Shot, the hired hit man managed to catch John Diggle with one of his bullets. Which is what led Oliver to bring his body guard down to his hideout to cure him and maybe recruit him. Of course, that didn't go as well as planned - the dark skinned man going as far as to call Oliver a murderer.

He finally went home early that morning, having disappeared after the shots were fired and spent the night making sure John was okay. Honestly, he was exhausted.

"Where were you?" He turned to see Harley standing there, her eyebrows furrowed with concern and her arms crossed.

"Harley," he threw on that smile that he only wore when she was around. "What're you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" She echoed incredulously and Oliver cringed at the look she gave him. "You just disappeared to God knows where after we were all shot at, I didn't even know if you were alive, Oliver!"

"Harley-"

"You're not 17 years old anymore Oliver," She cut him off, "you don't just get to run around doing whatever you want and damn everyone else. You were dead, Oliver, do you get that?"

"I do."

"Really?" She laughed incredulously. "Cause I don't think you do. Because when I came here last night after everything that happened and found a family terrified for- when no one knew where you were. It was like I was right back to five years ago all over again."

Oliver opened his mouth, but when he couldn't think of what to say he closed it. He licked his lips like that would somehow coax the words out, "I didn't mean to scare you like that."

"Then why'd you do it?"

"I..." he shrugged helplessly. "I don't know." What was he supposed to say? He wanted to tell her everything, but she wasn't ready. He wasn't ready for her to know that, that side of him exists.

"Well, you better figure it out," Harley took a small step back, she just wished he'd relax around her. He didn't have to hide from her, and she only wished he could understand that. "Because I can put up with a lot from you Oliver, but all the lying... I can't."

"Harley, please. I... I don't expect you to understand," Oliver sighed, shaking his head. There was nothing he could say to get her to understand why he had to lie to her, keep secrets from her.

"I don't understand anything, Oliver," Harley's voice turned bitter. She could understand not wanting to talk about what happened to him, but why let someone into your life if you're just gonna shut them out. Lie to them. "So, why don't you just clear it up for me?"

"Look, there are things that you don't know, okay?" Oliver's blue eyes met her crystal ones, willing her to understand. "Things that I want to tell you, but I can't. And I may never be able to, and I just need you to trust me."