chapter 4 The war is on

James pov

Poor Muslim girl, she doesn't know that she has just chosen the wrong gang to mess with. Richard and I have grown up together, and I know more than anybody in the world how stubborn he is, but I'm stubborn myself and I crave competition.

But the question now is how to get the girl who doesn't even speak with boys to fall for you, and also surrender her most precious possession.

Today is a new day at school and I went to check my classes, I found that I have chemistry and history with her. Good, that's good for starting a conversation with her I guess.

I was at my locker preparing for my chemistry class when I saw her by her locker, and damn she is a natural beauty, she has a rounded face with wide dark eyes, long curved eyelashes, the type of eyelashes that girls only could have with extensions.

And her skin, God her skin, she has sunkissed skin that girls would kill for. In few words your typical middle eastern brunette. She was beautiful and she didn't care.

How do I know ??!!

Because who on god's earth with such beauty dresses like this, In a school Where girls bare it all to get boys.

It is like she wants to have a zero chance of attracting any of us, when other girls, beautiful or ugly, are trying too much to do so.

This type of girls can be the easiest, or the most difficult to fall for you.

The easiest, because they appreciate the first boy who looks at them, as they just don't know how valuable they are.

The most difficult, because they don't even speak to boys in the first place!!

When I looked at her, she stole all of my attention, all of my existance, it took every part of my concentration to fathom her being, it seemed like she was the only person in the place with no one around, she had this enchanting presence that can easily take your breath away, in other words " All eyes on me " type of girl.

" Okay, wake up James, she is a bet, nothing else, and nothing more " I said to myself, trying to focus on the mission.

I got lost in my thoughts trying to figure out a way to sneak into her fortress of solitude, when suddenly, as she was getting her books out of the locker, a book fell down, she wanted to pick it up but suddenly Richard popped up from no where and picked it up before she could reach it, and gave it to her.

I listened carefully to their conversation.

" Oh here you are " Richard said kindly, smiling at her.

" Ah, what a gentleman!!! " I said smiling at the scene.

" Thank you " she said in a monotonous way before snatching the book out of his hand, then looking away to cut the conversation here, but he continued anyway,

" I want to thank you " he said hoping that she would say anything but she didn't respond, so he went on like an idiot speaking to himself.

" Yesterday I acted foolishly, and you saved me, I mean I got a detention but it was better than going to the police, right ?" he said.

Still the girl didn't say a word.

" Awkward " I said to myself, laughing at the scene.

" So thank you, you stopped me from taking this little dispute into a whole other new level " He said waiting for her to respond.

There was a moment of awkward silence before she opened her mouth and said

" First, I did this for Artemis not you beacause I hate bullying. Second, I don't think it's a good idea for you to converse in the middle of the school with the -terrorist towel head girl- where everybody is watching. Third, and most importantly, if you want to be late for your class, I don't " she said shutting him down and leaving him like an idiot in the middle of the school, mumbling to himself.

I couldn't help but to burst out laughing at this awkward scene.

Richard gave me a death glare.

" Shit, this girl is really tough, how on God's earth am I gonna break these walls she surrounds herself with, but I love feisty girls. It's gonna be a long year " I said to myself.

I went into the class, she was already sitting in the first row.
And Damn, I hate first rows' students, they always answer all the teachers' questions even before the teacher can complete his question.

Hell, I couldn't believe I'm trying to get a nerd to fall for me!!!

I sat in the second row, to her right, I looked at her again, she was reading in a very low voice from a green book with golden pattern on the outside, there were writings on it's cover in a strange languge.

She is middle eastern, may be she speaks some weird middle eastern language, that's why I guessed.

Mrs. Dawson came in, we greeted her, Jannah closed her book carefully like her life depended on it, and but it back in her bag behind her, then she gave her full attention to the teacher.

" We will study this year organic chemistry " Mrs. Dawson said.

" Yeah whatever " I mumbeled.

She began to explain the principals of organic chemistry, of course I didn't pay attention I focused on this mysterious girl and how to find a key to her world.

After some blablabla from the teacher she gave us some equations to work on our own, but of course I didn't know sh**. I looked at Jannah, she has already finished them as soon as she started, I saw that as a good chance.

" Mrs. Dawson can I ask somebody for help " I said raising my hand.

Everybody looked at me in surprise, I never asked for help before.

" Sure Mr. Wayne " she said.

Such a nice lady, such a nice innocent lady!!

I turned to Jannah, " Hey, Miss Mohamed can you help me with these equations, I can't get them " I said to her innocently.

She was confused, it took her some time to realise that I was talking to her. I understand, I never spoke to her before, I never even noticed her existence before.

" Okay " she said in hesitance, without making any eye contact with me.

And I didn't understand why she didn't even look at me, and what was even stranger was why did I want her to look at me so bad??
Did I want her to acknowledge my attractiveness??
Did I want to have a deep dive into her wide dark eyes??
Did I want to have a better look at her natural beauty??
I just.. didn't know!!!

" She is a bet, she is a bet, she is a bet" My head kept screaming at me.

She started to explain the equations even better than the way Mrs. Dawson did. During the whole thing, I focused on her attitude,
her peacefulness, her calmness, the way she carried herself.

There was something about this girl that makes you lose yourself in her maze, and I'm determined to find it.

Vote and comment if you like it, let me know your thoughts.