chapter 12 The teacher

Jannah pov

So Mrs Dawson is in her late pregnancy months, and there is a new teacher in town, and he is a Muslim.

I didn't need to find out about his name to realise that he was a Muslim. My sixth sense kicked in!! I guess when a Muslim lives in a non Muslim society, he or she develops this talent that can detect other Muslims even if they are miles away.

At last, another Muslim in my school, even if he was a teacher, I was starting to feel that I was from a rare species.

Be careful what you wish for, Jannah!!!

He was pretty young, well built with a man bun. He looked really cool for a teacher. As soon as he entered, the girls started whispering about how handsome he is. I mentally facepalmed myself

" Oh no, now I have to witness the flirting bomb that is about to explode in this class, literally!! " I said to myself

" Hello, my name is Zayn Ahmed " the new teacher said.

He asked us to introduce ourselves, but when it was my turn, I introduced myself, then he came to where I sat and said

" Assalamualaikum, nice to meet you Jannah " he whispered, I could feel the girls eyes burning through my back.

" Great, now they will plan to assassinate me!! " I said to myself

I didn't know why he distinguished me, but I thought he wanted to give a fellow Muslim a special treatment.

The class started, he had a pretty decent style, I didn't feel there was a gap between his knowledge and Mrs Dawson's.

He would frequently ask questions during the class, and chose a student to answer it, he chose me the first time.

" Miss Mohamed " he said.

Alhamdulilah, I answered it, I didn't want to be embarrassed in front of a teacher in his first day, plus he was a fellow Muslim.

But the problem was that it didn't stop there. The next time he chose me too, I thought that it would stop there. But he chose me for the third time. I thought I was raising my hand subconsciously but I wasn't.
I could hear the students complain about it. But suddenly I heard a loud knock, I looked back and it was James.

" I guess Miss Mohamed is not the only one in this class " James said angerily.

" Sit down Mr Wayne, it's my decision to make " Mr Zayn said sternly.

" Well that escalated quickly " I mumbeled.

Of course I noticed that Mr Zayn gave me more attention, but may be he had good intentions. How would I know!! I've never had a Muslim teacher before!! May be he wanted to make sure that I study well.

The bell rang

" Finally, Alhamdulilah " I sighed.

" Miss Mohamed, can I have a word with you?!! " Mr Zayn said.

" Great " I said to myself.

I went to where he was standing in hesitance.

" You are one of the best students I've ever had " he said smirking.