Chapter 23 Surprise!!!

Jannah pov

I took Dr miller's permission to leave the department in the middle of my shift, fortunately Dr kent agreed to cover for me.

I went back to my appartment to grab some cloths and some money then I embarked on my journey to LA.

I knew that whatever was wrong with my grandma it didn't look good, she was an old woman in her late seventies who became a wheelchair ridden patient years ago.
She had diabetes and hypertension, so any complication could happen.

This journey from San Fransisco to LA was the hardest, my tears have beaten me multiple times but I tried to hold on. I was about to crash my car at one point but Allah saved my life.

I loved my grandma and chiriched her deeply, she was not only a grandma for me but also a friend.
They have always told me that I've got my sense of humor from her.

I was afraid that hassan wasn't telling me the while truth, and that when I arrive at LA I would find out that she was gone.

Finaly when I arrived at my house, I got off my car and sprinted through the garden to the door of the house, I opened the door with my trembling hand and went in.

The house was dark and dead silent, and with that my heart literally stopped.

I started to panic and cry.

" Oh God.... I'm late " I said to myself.

Suddenly the lights went on, and I saw my whole family standing in front of me including my grandma.

I ran to her " Grandma.... Grandma..... Your okay... Alhamdulilah... Alhamdulilah" I said kissing her hand.

" I'm okay Jannah.....I'm okay" she said laughing.

" What was that Hassan??? That wasn't funny at all!!! You almost killed me!!! " I shouted angerily at my brother.

" Oh sorry... Sorry....that was a good prank, I got you good girl" he kept laughing.

" Hassan, you knew how much I loved grandma, why did you do this???" I shouted at Hassan, chasing him this time.

" Okay... Okay.. Stop it there is some body else here who loves you too... Wait for it " Hassan said, winking.

" What? What do you mean??" I stopped chasing after him.

" Hay " a familiar voice - that I can never mistake for anybody else - said.

I looked behind me and it was nobody other than James.

" Wh... What are you doing here?" I said in confusion, with my heart beating irregularly.

He didn't say a word, he just gave me a sweet smile.

" Can anybody expl....?" I couldn't finish my sentence as they shushed me immediately.

I looked at him, and he was just looking me in the eyes like we were the only ones not only in that room but also in the whole universe.

" Jannah Mohamed, Where I Come from, love stories are supposed to be cliche, they always begin by metting in a bar, a cafe or the gym.
But mine was different, I kept losing you over and over again, each time I thought I would get over it, I thought I would forget, but I couldn't. Then somehow miraclously we end up finding our way back to each other.
Because it takes my whole life to fall for you, it takes everyday to fall for you.
The first time I laid eyes on you I knew you would be different because you came from adifferent culture, but when I got to know you for who you really are, I knew that you were one of those people whom we are supposed to never let go once we meet, because they are just irreplaceable, Jannah... " I cut him off.