chapter 20 The date

Do you got plans tonight?
I'm a couple hundred miles from Japan, and I
I was thinking I could fly to your hotel tonight
'Cause I-I-I can't get you off my mind
I can't get you off my mind
Do you got plans tonight, baby?
I was hoping I could get lost in your paradise
The only thing I'm thinking 'bout is you and I
And I-I-I can't get you off my mind
Can't get you off my mind
I can't seem to get you off my mind, yeah

Jannah pov

I was shocked, I didn't say a word for five minutes.

" What, a date??!! With James?!! " I said as if making sure I heard it right.

" Yep!!! " mum said.

" Mum, you are not sick, are you?!! " I said putting my hand on her forehead to make sure that she wasn't feverish.

" No, Jannah, I'm not hallucinating " she said putting my hand away.

" Then what's wrong?!! You said no last time!!! " I said.

" Nothing is wrong, it's just the right time for you to go on a date with him!! " she explained.

" The right time!!! Mum last time his mother treated me in a very bad way. I don't think this is the right time at all " I said.

" Well, maybe it is!! " she said in a mysterious way.

" Mum, is there anything you are not telling me?!!! " I asked.

" I don......" She tried to say before I cut her off.

" Mum, you are bad at hiding things from me " I said looking into her eyes.

" Well, maybe, but I can't tell you, or James will kill me!!! " she said in a hurry rushing out of the room.

Great, there is something, and she is not telling me. But why?!!
My mum can act like a child sometimes!!

I was about to go back to studying when my mum suddenly opened the door again.
" Your brother will pick you up, he will be in the same place around you because you need a mehrem " she explained.

" So I had to almost lose my life in order for my brother to become nice to me, great!!! " I said.

" Jannah, stop complaining " she said closing the door of my room, leaving me alone in my thoughts.

Why did my mother and my brother agreed for me to go on a date with James?!! Why now?!!! What are they hiding?!!!

I spent the whole day studying to make up for the time I would lose the next day. I tried my best to ignore thinking about it. Come on, if James Wayne asked a girl out, she would spend the whole week preparing for the once in a life time event, and I only had hours!!! This is not fair!!!

The next day I got up early, prayed and prepared for the big event. I had zero experience with dates. I only watch people date on TV.

I put on a pink dress, with a blue scarf and shoes.

" Great, wearing two dresses in the span of three days. That's a record Jannah " I said to myself.