Chapter 29 The Wedding

Jannah pov

Today is the wedding, and I'm totally freaking out.

I had that weird mixture of emotions swirling inside my head.

I was nervous about the preparations because James insisted on rushing it.

I was happy because our dream was finally coming true.

And I was sad that I was leaving my family house.

I woke up at dawn, and I saw my mother sitting on the prayer mat, making dua' and crying

" Ya Allah bless them, and make their hearts a home for each other.
Ya Allah protect my daughter from the evils of that house.. Ya Allah you know she is a girl, a weak creature, she is going to be alone amongst them. Ya Allah don't remove their love for each other from their hearts...Give them blessed healthy children..make them have mercy on each other even at the time of anger.. Don't break their hearts..Ya Allah give me patience for letting my daughter go... " and here her tears beat her.

" Mum.... don't cry..." I ran to her hugging her, burying my head in her lap.

" It's just the mother's heart... I can't believe you are all grown up " She said, drying her tears.

" Don't worry.. I'll always be you baby daughter " I said.

" Okay... I need to give you some advice... You are going to be a wife, you need to know that marriage is not only about love, it's part of it, but not all of it, marriage is like establishing a new house, an enterprise based on mutual respect and understanding, you need to learn to understand your partner from only looking into his eyes, what he wants?? What is his mood?? you need to learn when to compromise?? And when to just give up?? You need to be his first and biggest supporter, you need to learn when to speak and when to be silent?? What makes him angery?? What makes him happy?? You need to bring him closer to Allah, and help him keep his relationship with his mother even if she hurts you, so that Allah gives you a blessed marriage. Love him more than you love yourself, give until there is nothing left to give. Even if you are a strong and an independant person, let him now that you need him, men always like to feel protective over women. And when he needs your strength, be his last army. Flatter him, his perfume, his good looks, his suits. Don't show him that you are jealous when he speaks to other women, but be the most beautiful one he can ever see. Be his safe house, when he is depressed and doesn't want to speak, do whatever you can to put a smile on his face. Be his best friend, the one he is not ashamed of sharing his deepest secrets with. Be his mother, and protect him from the whole world. Be whatever he wants you to be..these are the secrets of builing a new house... A new life " Mum said.

" I'll try my best Mum... I'm really nervous " I said.

" I can understand your nervousness, but you don't need to worry from the very first beginning, enjoy this time, it won't Come back " she said.

" Thank you mum " I said leaving the room.

I went to pray, and make dua' that Allah blesses my life with James.

I went back to sleep for about four hours, and then Shahd awakened me up.

" Jannah... Jannah wake up, It's your wedding day... Come on.. Wake up lazy doctor " She said.

" Really... I didn't know that valuable piece of information " I said, sarcastically.

" Jannah stop being stubborn..Come on get up.. We have so many things to do " She said.

" No we don't " I said.

" Why are you so stubborn?? " Shahd said.

" Leave me alone... I need to get some sleep.. God only knows when I'll ever have the chance to sleep again " I said.
But the truth was that I wanted to have a proper farewell with my bed.