Chapter 20 In The ICU

James pov

My legs somehow managed to carry me to the ICU, I didn't know what to expect?!! or what was happening to her?!!

When I arrived at her room, I looked inside, the doctors and the nurses were blocking the view.

" What's wrong?" I asked frantically.

When they heard my voice, they spread.

" Come here " I heard a faint familiar voice say.

" Jannah, you are awake!!! " I shouted.

I sprinted in her direction like a crazy, until I reached her bed.
My legs gave up, so I knelt next to her bed, I buried my head in the bed mattress next to her and cried, she put her hand on my head and kept caressing it.

" We will leave you two " the doctor said.

After they left, Jannah began to speak.

" You are okay Alhamdullilah....I thought you were shot ? " she asked.

" I'm sorry, it was part of our plan to get Falcone and save you, but you almost lost your life " I said.

" Don't say that... I'm fine James.. I'm really fine.. the worst part has passed " she said.

" I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, It's my fault " I said.

" Don't be... It's our fate.. it brought us back together " she said.

" But I feel guilty about it, I shouldn't have brought you into this " I said.

" My place is to be with you wherever you are " she said.

" I can't lose you Jannah, I simply can't, if I lose you, I lose myself, you are my anchor..." I couldn't go on, tears were chocking me.

" Hey, look who is getting emotional!!! I'm not going to go anywhere James... I'm sticking by you until I bore the hell out of you " she let out a faint laugh.

"  I'll never get bored of you Jannah, I'll never get bored of seeing your smile, I'll never get bored of hearing your cheerful voice, I'll never get bored of you until you get bored of me " I said.

" Okay... Stop it James, we are in the ICU " she blushed.

" I need to tell you some thing "  I said.

"  And I'm listening " she said cheerfully.

" Jannah... I've taken your existance beside me for granted, and now, right now, I need to tell you that I lov.........." a familiar female voice cut me off, it was Jannah's mother.

" Jannah... my baby... my baby " the old lady said, hugging her daughter.

I looked at the old lady that I haven't seen in ages, she looked paler and more fragile than I remeber her, time hasn't been very good to her.

" Alhamdullilah... I'm really fine mum " Jannah said, trying to reassure her mother.

After a five minute hug, she got up, and only then she seemed to notice me as I was standing by Jannah's bed.

" I know you......No way!!!! " she looked surprised.

" How are you doing ma'am? it has been along time " I said.

"Fine, fine, Alhamdullilah, what are you doing here, son?" she asked.

At first, I didn't know what to say, there was no explaination for my existance except for the fact that I was the reason why Jannah was in hospital in the first place.
And I didn't want her to know about Falcone, so I came up with another explaination.

" My company owns some shares in this hospital and I was told that an old friend is here so I came by to visit " I said.

" So you want me to believe that this was a coincidance? " she asked.

"Ye... Yes" I said.

" I don't believe you, I guess I'll have to speak to you outside " she said.

" Mum!!! " Jannah said.

" And I'll speak to you when you get better, you owe me some answers " she said.

The woman literaly grabbed me outside,

" I'm not buying it, so tell me What is it? I want the truth, right now!! " she said in a determined voice.

" Okay ma'am... me and Jannah, we reconnected months ago, and I had some business rivlraies who wanted to get to me through her so they.... kidnapped her " I said.

" You mean tried to kill her? " she said.

" Yes...." I didn't know what else to say.

" Look son, I don't know how to break this to you, but you are bad news, last time we let you in our lives, your mother threatened to destroy us, and now this!!! " she said.

" I know It's my fault ma'am, but...." I said as she cut me off.

" But what? Look son, Jannah and her siblings are all I have in life, and I genuinly think that not having you in our lives is the best thing you can ever do to my daughter, so if you love her please go, diappear from her life " she said in determination.

" Ma'am, It's over, the man was caught, and Jannah is no longer in danger " I tried to explain.

" The man is caught but your mother is still at large, maybe she is the one behind all this!!! " she said poining at her daughter's room.

" What do you mean ma'am? I lost my father in that battle too, this can't be " I explained.

" My point is, as long as your mother is disapproving of this, you can't exist in our lives, now let us be, let her be " she said walking away from me.

Matt heard all that conversation.

" Mr Wayne, I'm sorry but I had to call them, Jannah needed them, give her mother some time, she is just being protective over her daughter " Matt said.

" I understand Matt, but she needs to understand that our separation will only put Jannah in more danger " I said.

" She will understand, give her some time " Matt said.

" You know what? Maybe she is right!! I'm bad news, I only brought her daughter trouble " I said.

" Don't say that James " a familiar male voice said.

I looked behind me and it was Hassan, Jannah's older brother.

" I haven't seen you in ages, how are you doing, man? " he said, hugging me.

" I'll be fine when Jannah becomes fine, have you seen her? " I asked him.

" Yes, she is doing okay, Alhamdullilah...Listen man about my mother, I'm really sorry, but I think you understand, she is a mother " he said.

" I definitely understand, she didn't say anything wrong, but there is some thing else, I need your help, Hassan!! " I said.

Vote, comment, let me know your thought.