chapter 1 Him, again

Please don't be a silent reader, let me know your thoughts.

Request : after finishing reading Each part, please give your final thought at the last chapter, as I'm planning on reconstructing the story and editing it In Shaa Allah and your opinions will help me improve it.

Enjoy☺️☺️☺️

Jannah pov

It's been a lifetime, ten years to be specific, a lot have changed.
Alhamdulilah, I've managed to get into the medical school, my brother somehow provided the money I needed, it was a miracle.
I've graduated with good grades, and managed to earn internship in one of the decent hospitals in LA.
What is my specialty?......Neurosurgery.
I know, one of the most difficult specialities out there, not so many females chose it, but what can I say, I love challenge, and competition.

Recently, a relatively new hospital in San Francisco contacted me and offered me the position of a resident doctor in their neurosurgery department.
Of course I said yes, it was a huge opportunity, with good money, but I had to move out of the city.

Alhamdulilah, Allah kept me busy all the time, to help me forget, or at least to pretend to forget.
Forget about everything.
My senior year, my dreams, my father's accident, and..........him.
Those memories kept lurking in the shadows in the back of my mind, tormenting me, turning my life into hell.

When I moved out of the house to go to the medical school, mum and  grandma were super upset about it, but I saw it as a blessing, an opportunity to run away from the past and it's demons that kept haunting me.

However, some memories I have about this time of my life seem foggy, others seem vivid, like the dream I had about James that sometimes I think was real.

But hay, I have a new life now, miles away from this drama, I should only care about living the moment.
However, sometimes I think about.........him
Does he hate me for running away ?
Does he know that I had to ?
And most importantly.....
Does he still care ?

I tried my best to push everything about him to the back of my mind, but who am I  fooling here?......I couldn't.
I'm still stuck, with that stupid dream about him, about the life we were supposed to share, the few laughs we were supposed to have, and the few moments of peace we were supposed to enjoy together.
But all this is gone, I messed up my opportunity to have a fellow fighter to help me get through this, through life.

I've avoided searching for him on the internet, or trying to find out about his news from my family, because I had my one image about him in my head.
I always imagine him as a successful businessman, married with kids, two of them, or three, two girls and a boy, if I were lucky enough, he could have named one of the girls after me, I could even hear his hot wife with the model body call her " Jenna " in her American accent.
How lucky his wife must be???!!

All these thoughts were storming in my head as I was driving to the new hospital where I will be working.
When I got to the hospital garage, I stopped the car, and tried to take some minutes to fix my look after travelling for hours from LA.
I tucked my baby hairs back under my hijab, put some concealer under my eyes to cover my under eye circles, and used some lipstick over my lips and cheeks, just to look alive.
With being a doctor, sleeping goes out of the window.

I got out of the car and headed to the front of the hospital, it looked huge, the walls had that smell of new buildings, everything looked new.
Inside, a neatly dressed receptionist was standing, I approached him