chapter 8 Lunch with the family

James pov

So the nice old lady invited me inside, and of course I said yes. What better chance do I have to get to know Jannah personally and make her feel safe around me?!! The coincidence of having our sisters going to the same kindergarten had served me greatly. I can almost smell Richard's defeat, or is this the smell of the delicious food I'm about to eat?!!!

I went inside with my sister. Jannah still had a complaining face on.

" Noora, a friend of your daughter is here " the old lady said
" put your hijab on " she continued.

That's when a younger version of the old lady came out of one of the rooms. She was wrapping her hijab around.

" Assalamualaikum " she said in a wellcoming manner.

I didn't know what to say so I said " Thank you ma'am, call me James, I'm your daughter's ...."

Jannah jumped in saying " partner, we are working on a school project together " Jannah explained.

" Yes, that, I'm her partner " I said trying to hold my laugh.

" Oh, pleased to meet you son " the young woman responded.

Now I know from whom did Jannah get her breathtaking eyes. They have the same wide mystical eyes with long curved eyelashes and pushy dark - lily Collins - type of eyebrows.

"And who is this beautiful one?! " she asked looking at my sister.

" My sister, Genvieve " I ansewerd.

" She is my friend mum" Shahd added.

The young woman went down on her knees to give my sister a hug.

" I invited him to have some food with us " the old lady said.

" Oh sure, we are about to have lunch, I hope you enjoy it " the young woman said warmly.

" Thank you ma'am, honestly I'm starving " I smiled at the young lady.

Jannah went upstairs with Shahd without a word. The young woman went into the kitchen, so I sat alone with the old lady.

I was lost in my thoughts, thinking of Richard's face when he finds out about this, when I suddenly felt the old lady's hands on my cheeks.

" Are they real ?!!!" She asked.

" What ?!!!!" I said in surprise.

" I mean no fillers, no Botox, no plastic surgeries ?!!" She asked.

" No ma'am, I'm too young for this I guess " I shrugged.

" What about these dimples? " She said pointing at them.

" They are natural ma'am, believe me " I said.

" That's good, because I hate fake beauty " she explained.

" Oooh " I didn't Know what else to say. Weird old lady!!

Jannah came down in an off white maxi dress with flowery headscarf. I kinda secretly wished that she would take her hijab off once she is home, but unfortunately she didn't, I just wanted to make sure that she wasn't bald!! Does she shower in that thing?!!!