chapter 8 Missing

Jannah pov

" What do you mean he is missing? How could this happen? " I yelled at her.

" I don't know, I went to check on him in the morning and couldn't find him...I searched the whole department and couldn't find him " she explained.

" Okay..let's go check the security cameras of the department " I suggested.

I had this feeling in my heart that this wasn't okay, James was exhibiting signs of severe depression lately, I hoped he didn't hurt himself.

We went to the security room, there was a big security guard sitting inside, watching every move in the department.
We explained that situation to him, and asked him to help us.
He started reviewing the records of the security cameras, until we found him in one of them,

" Yes, there he is " I said.

" Okay, let's see where did he go? " The security man said, hitting some keys on the computer in front of him.

After some moments the security man said,

" Yep, he used the elevator to go to the roof. "

" Oh my God " the nurse started to panic.

" Okay, okay, let's make a quick decision here. I'm going to bring him down " I said.

" Are you sure you don't need any help? " The security man suggested.

" Yes I'm sure " I answered.

I ran towards the elevator like crazy, pushing all the doctors in my way, praying internally that James didn't hurt himself.

I got into the elevator, and kept making dua' that I'm not too late.
When I reached the roof, James instantly saw me, he was standing on the edge..

" Ya Allah, help me " I prayed.

" Don't come any closer or I'll jump " he threatened.

" No, but if you'll jump, I'll jump after you, I'm crazy " I said to him.

He looked at me in misunderstanding, and said,

" I'm just one of your patients, you don't care about me " he said.

" No, I do care " I answered.

" You are just saying that to stop me from jumping!! " He said.

" No, I'm not, I genuinely care, remember when I said I knew you, yes I did, we went to high school together and... " I stopped here.

" And..what? " He asked.

" And you were in love with that girl, you were her whole world, you restored her faith in love, you helped her, and I want to help you like you did " I said.

" How do you know? " He exclaimed.

" I was that girl.....'s friend " I said in hesitance.

" But I don't remember you, I don't remember anything, I don't remember anybody. There are these two old people who say that they are my parents, but I can't identify them. There is this hot girl that says that she is my girlfriend but I can't even remember her name. It's like being kidnapped, and sombody else's personality is being forced on you. Everybody is telling me who I'm and who I should be, but I don't know who I'm, I'm lost... " He started to cry.