chapter 14 The decision

James pov

After my little talk with Jannah at lunch time, we didn't speak the rest of the day, but I couldn't get it off my mind.

So that's it!! She is marrying that zayn fellow!! That's how I get to lose the only girl that moved me, that made me a better person.
My brain was on fire.

I waited for the end of the school day.

When the bell rang, I rushed out of the class searching for Jannah, she was at her locker, I didn't wait, so I rushed to where she was standing and grabbed her arm, I was literally dragging her behind me in front of the other students. She was shocked.

" Are you crazy?!! " she shouted.

" May be about you " I mumbeled under my breath so that she wouldn't hear me.

" What's wrong with you?!! Let me go!! " she shouted at me.

" No I won't, untill we get a proper talk " I said.

" You will get into trouble!! " she explained, trying to make me afraid.

" I don't care about trouble when it comes to you " I said.

" Then what do you want?!!" She asked angerily.

" Get in the car, we are going to have a little drive somewhere " I said in an ordering tone.

" Why, what do you want?!! " She asked.

" Just get in the car, girl " I said angerily.

" Don't speak to me like this!! " she said sternly.

" So get in the car.....princess" I said winking.

" This time you will get a pass " she said smiling.

She finally got into the car, and I drove off.

I had a secret private place, that I had never shown anybody before, I kept it to myself all these years, a green beautiful area that overlooked the city, it was the right time to take her there.

She got out of the car.
" Wowwwww, that's so exquisitely beautiful " she said as soon as she saw it.

" Yeah, that's my thing " I said, smiling at the look on her face.

" It's so god made " she said.

" What did you just say?!!" I said, not understanding her words.

" I mean, it's so beautiful. When I was young, my father used to take me to a lot of beautiful green areas because he loved plants. I would say it's so beautifully God made, he would correct me saying everything god makes is beautiful. So ever since, when I see something like this, I would say it's so god made. It just reminds me of him " she explained smiling

" Girl you are full of surprises!! " I said in amazement.

" So why did you kidnap me and bring me her?!!" She asked.

" To konck some sense into you!! " I said.

" What?!!" She asked.

" I mean to talk some sense into you " I said, thinking that wasn't the right time for one of my jokes.

" Why do you even care?!!" She said.

" I don't know, I just care " I said, trying to run away from any arguments.

" Well, it's none of your business, it's my decision to make " she said.

" No, it's my business, when I see a smart girl killing her future with her own hands to satisfy other people, it's my business " I said angerily.

There was a moment of silence, before I continued.

" Tell me Jannah, don't you dream about going to university?!!" I asked.

" Yes, but we can't afford it James, it's almost impossible " she said.

" So that's it, you easily give up like this, and settle down for any available option!! " I asked.

" I don't know, I just don't know " she said putting her hands over her head, almost crying.

" No you know, but you are trying to convince yourself that it's the right decision to marry zayn, that it's better than nothing!! " I said.

There was another moment of silence, I was praying that she wouldn't burst out crying any moment, I would hate myself for making her cry, I pushed it too far.

Then it was the time for the question that I was so afraid of it's answer.

" Do you like him?!! " I asked, petrified.

" No James, I don't like him, if that's the answer you are looking for " she said.

" I'm sorry, but I can't easily let you go like this " I said.

" James, you don't know my life. My father died a year ago, my brother has gone mad and left, I found myself at 14 the man of the house, I needed to put on a tough face and forget about my feminine side, forget that I was a teenager. I had to stand up for myself, I had to face everything alone, and I've been fighting this battle alone for so long. I just can't do it any more on my own " she said with tears in her eyes.

" I'm here for you " I said trying to calm her down.

She looked at me, as if making sure that I meant my words, then said " let's get out of here, I need to pick up shahd ".

I drove her to our sisters' kindergarten, we didn't say a word the whole way.

I wanted to drive her home, but she insisted on saying no, I didn't want to push it too far again, so I left with my sister.

I went home, took a shower, and had lunch, not paying any attention to anything.

I was just thinking about her words " this girl has been through a lot in her life " I said to myself.

I was playing some PlayStation when Gen, my sister, came rushing into the room.

"James...shahd..wants..to..speak..to.... you " she said stuttering.

" What??!! shahd!! Jannah's sister... okay " I said, confused.

Gen gave me the phone

" Hi, shahd....." I said, when her crying cut me off.

" Jannah is in the hospital, she is in coma " she said crying.

With these words my heart stopped....

Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts.