chapter 21 Islamophobia

Jannah pov

Having to go to school the day after a terrorist attack takes place in your country is torture, especially when you are the only Muslim at school, everybody would give you the looks as if you were the terrorist who blew up himself the day before, like hello, obviously I'm still alive?!!

Blaming all Muslims when a terrorist attack occurs, became a thing after 9/11, and it only succeeded in creating more terrorists.

Personally I got used to it, I just try my best to ignore them, I don't want them to have a new reason to bully me.

And when you try to explain to them that your religion has nothing to do with that, they won't believe you, because they were
pre-programmed not to.

The terrorist attack that took place yesterday was unfortunately huge, about twelve innocent people lost their lives, and about thirty injured.

Some asshole blew himself up, and unfortunately he was Muslim, or at least that's what they said.

I was by the lockers, and everybody were giving me the looks, I ignored them, and opened my locker, that's when I was suddenly pushed into it, the edge of the locker was sharp, it was pressed against my forehead, I felt a warm liquid running down from my forehead and a sharp sting, I closed my eyes and fell to the ground but I was still conscious.

Everybody was laughing at me saying,

" she deserves it "

" Our little terrorist"

"Oh, now she will blow up the school"

I was about to cry, when I heard hard knocking on the lockers and everybody went silent, I dried the blood on my forehead and opened my eyes and it was James beating the hell out of one of the students, James grabbed the student's head and started to hit it against the locker, it looked like he was about to kill him.

" You...are...so...dead " James screamed at him.

" James stop, let him go, it's just a scratch " I shouted at him.

" How dare you?!!! You are the terrorist here!! " James continued to beat the hell out of him ignoring me.

I walked to James, and grabbed his arm.

" James stop you will get into trouble, it's okay, I'm okay " I explained.

James looked at me, saw the blood running from my head.

" You are bleeding !!! " James said in shock.

This made him even more angry, he began to kick him like crazy, I had to stand between him and the student.

" James stop, you will kill him " I said.

James was really angry I thought he would hit me too, but when he saw me in front of him, it was like he has just woken up from his anger fit, and he began to breath heavily like he hasn't been breathing for a long time.

" Let's take....you..to the doctor " he said.

I looked at the boy behind me, and he looked frightened as if he had just dodged a bullet.