Chapter 30 Falcone Is Back

Jannah pov

" He is going to be okay" the doctor said, as soon as he got out of the operating room " he was lucky the bullet didn't pierce an important vessel or structure " He said.

" And his spinal cord???" I asked.

" The bullet entry wound was 5 cm away from his vertebrae, he will need a neck brace for sometime, but it is just a conservation, now excuse me" The doctor said.

I let out a sigh of relief.

" He is going to be okay Jannah, don't worry " My mother said.

" How many times do we have to go through this, I can't do this anymore!! " I said crying.

" I understand daughter, Allah will reward your patience" Mum said.

I looked at my wedding dress, and it turned red from the blood.

" You need to change " Mum said.

" I can't leave here without seeing him open his eyes" I said.

" Then I'll go bring you some cloths from home" Hassan said.

" Take Shahd with you, she knows where Jannah keeps her cloths " Mum said.

" Okay, let's go Shahd "  Hassan said leaving.

I buried my head in my mother's lap and closed my eyes looking for some sense of peace.

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice approaching.

" Dr Mohamed" Matt said.

" Matt, tell me why did that happen on our wedding day??" I asked.

" Okay, can we... Speak privately" he said.

" Okay... Jannah I'll go get you some thing to eat " My Mum said leaving her seat.

Matt came to sit next to me.

" They caught someone... He was wandering your neighborhood with a gun" Matt said.

" Who was he??" I asked.

" Well, It seems like.. We didn't get rid of Falcone " Matta said.

" What??? What do you mean?? He is in prison" I said.

" Yeah.. He maybe at prison, but his men are still at large " Matt said.

" So, one of his men shot James as an act of revenge for putting him in prison??" Matt said.

" It turned out to be... Not only about the land he wanted... Falcone had old ties with the Waynes... He did some dirty services for them in the past " Matt said.

" What?? What do you mean Matt?? What type of dirty services??" I asked.

" I don't know exactly .. But Mr Wayne found out something by looking in some old papers " Matt said.

" Matt, why are you speaking in riddles??" I asked.

" Mr Wayne didn't want me to know, but whatever he found, it took it's toll on him, it changed his mood for the past few days" Matt said.

" Yes, I noticed that too" I said.

" He needs you, don't give up on him, I know you have been through a lot together, but you are his only rock now" Matt said.

" I know" I said.

Suddenly James mother showed up.

" Where is he?? Where is my son??" She asked crying.

" He is okay" I replied briefly.

" Can I see him now??" she asked.

" Not yet, he has just got out of the operation " I said.

" My baby " She Sat down next to us.

" James' last words were about you, you know some thing and you don't want us to find out about it" I said.

" I have no idea what you are speaking about??" she said.

" No.. You know exactly what I'm speaking about... Maybe James was shot because of you, he wanted to tell me some thing about you but he couldn't, he passed out before he could complete his sentence" I said.

" I... I.. I have.. No.. Idea " she said confused.

" If anything bad happens to him, I'll find about it myself, and you will be held acountable " I said.

Her face changed and she left me alone with Matt.

" I think she knows some thing" I said.

" Yeah I think so too" Matt said.

Hassan and Shahd showed up with some clean cloths and a towel.
I took them and went to change in the ladies room Shahd helped me get out of the dress.

I looked at the mirror, and I looked like a ghost of myself.

The makeup melted over my face, turning me into a horrible female version of the joker.

I washed my face, and put on a blue shirt and a pair of jeans.

We wrapped the dress and the shoes and put them in a plastic bag for Hassan to take them to the police as an evidence.

I went back to sit in the lobby, and Matt Joined me.

" It's confirmed, the man who was caught by the police is a profissional snipper hired by Falcone, he confessed" Matt said.

" Yeah... But a profissional snipper you said.. James wound was't dangerous Alhamdullilah, either he is not a very good one, or Falcone did that as a warning and he didn't want James dead " I said.

" Yeah, that was what I thought too, What does Falcone want?? I can't understand" Matt said.

" Maybe it was his way of saying that he is still right here, and that prison won't limit his power to get what he wants" I said.

" I think so...hey, I've been looking for Mrs Wayne for an hour now I haven't seen her anywhere" Matt said.

" No.. After my Speech with her, I don't think she would want to speak to me ever again" I said.

" She is part of this, I'm sure" Matt said.

" I'll go get some coffee to keep me going, do you want some thing??" I said.

" No thank you" Matt said.

I went to the coffee machine to get some, it took me about five minute, when I reteurned I saw Matt's face fixed on the tv screen that was in the lobby.

I looked at the tv, and there were breaking news that read.

" Selina Wayne, The mother of James Wayne CEO of the Wayne Enterprises, Was found dead in her own car, early reports point to suicide "

Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts.