chapter 5 James who ?

Jannah pov

I was surprised that James asked me to help him with chemistry. Not that he bullied me before, but come on, James wayne, since when does he care about school or lessons!!!! And in front of the whole class!!! last time I checked they called me a terrorist.

Now the most popular guy at school is asking for my help. Okay maybe he changed, I mean people can change, right?!! As a muslim I should think well of other people.

He came to where I sat with his notebook and said " Miss Mohamed can you help me with these equations!! ? "

I replied " Okay " not having any other possible answer in mind.

He was standing beside my chair leaning forward over me, he had one hand on the desk in front of me and the other on the chair behind my back, his highet made it look like as if he was hovering over me, he was so close that the intense expensive perfume he was wearing made me cough, or at least I pretended to cough in order to make him step back a little may be, but it didn't work.

I pushed his chest with the tips of my fingers a little bit, without looking at him, to make him understand that being this close to me wasn't comfortable at all. He stood straight for a moment not understanding what I meant, then he suddenly shook his head in realisation.

" Woops, my bad " he said in a cute way.

Yes, you heard me, I just used the word cute in describing James. Come on, he had fair complexion, dark hair with oceanic blue eyes, any girl would die to speak to the " Prince " as they called him. Why did they call him the prince?!! because he looks like prince charming for God's sake. With a sword and a white horse, and here you go, every girl's stereotypical dream of being taken by a knight would come true.

Not that his beautiful face can wash away the sins of his black heart.

After correcting his posture I went back to explaining the equations to him, I avioded making any eye contact with him, because Allah ordered us to lower our gaze. I also wanted to crush his ego, he thought that by approaching me like that he would make me physically nervous.

I raised my eyes to look at the faces of other students who were observing us carefully, most probably observing him in the first place, and suddenly my eyes came across Sophia's, she was staring intensely at us.

She had a pen in her hand and I swear, she was holding it like a knife pointing at me. Her body language only said one thing " I want Jannah Mohamed dead, now!! "

Shophia who? You don't know Sophia Atkins, Richie Rich's twin sister.
Alhamdulilah she doesn't look like him in any way, because I can't handle two versions of Richard. But to be fair, she is a beauty herself, who wouldn't want a date with her?!! she is, like her brother, one of the royals of this school, she also has her one squad of girls who follow her around like puppies.

What's her problem with me now you may ask?

She is James' on again off again girlfriend. I remember one day at school, they got back together in the morning then I heard that they broke up by the end of the school day. I maybe an introvert but I have ears.

She is very possessive of him, she wouldn't let any other girl or even boy " Except her brother " approach him when they were together, I guess that was one of the main reasons why they break up continuously.

I finished explaining everything to him as quickly as possible, and I kept it professional. He didn't seem to have paid any attention to what I said, I wonder what was so distracting, was he afraid of Sophia ??

" Thanks, I don't know what I could have done without your help " James said smiling.

" Yeah, like you were paying any attention " I mumbeled.

" What?!!!" James asked.

" Nothing, I just said you're welcome " I said brushing it away.

Great Jannah, you are the world's biggest champion at embarassing yourself.

James went back to his chair and I let out a sigh of relief, it seemed like I wasn't even breathing when he was standing next to me.

" Ok students, you have to chose a partner to work with on your next project " Mrs Dawson said.

" Oh hell no!! " I complained to myself, " I hate partners, what's wrong with working alone??!! like the Batman, that's my motto, I work alone " I said to myself.

I looked around searching for Artemis, why you may ask? First, because no body would choose me. Second, because nobody would choose him. A Perfect match of misfits. Also he is so kind hearted, I wouldn't worry about him being a teenager boy around me, I mean not Artemis .

The only thing I should worry about around him is his clumsiness. He could kill me one day with it.

I couldn't find him," Obviously, he doesn't take chemistry with me " I said to myself.

Suddenly I saw James approaching me, again.

" Would you like to be my partner? " He said with the eyes of a puppy dog.

" How innocent?!! " I mumbeled sarcastically.

I didn't know what to say, there was a moment of awkward silence, until out of nowhere Sophia appeared at my desk.

" Jannah, I think you prefer a girl to work with, right? " she said, looking at James devilishly.

What a moment?!! I wanted to pinch myself to make sure that I was awake.

First this James boy asks for my help, then he asks to be my partner, and now queen Sophia herself at my desk, wonders never seize to exist.

Actually she may have just saved my ass, yes, I don't want to be partners with this playboy, I don't want to interact with his world at all.

I took my final decision, let out a sigh, then I looked at James and said
" Thank you but I prefer to work with Sophia, I'll take her as my partner, I appreciate your offer though " I said pretending to smile at him.

It was awkward as hell, he didn't say a word, heavy shock for him wasn't it? I guess he couldn't understand the concept of being rejected by a girl.

" I'm making history " I said to myself.

He went in defeat back to his chair, sad music should have accompanied that scene. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit.

I turned to Sophia, I was about to say " Thank you " but she cut me off instantly and said " Next week, my place, okay? " she said waiting impatiently for my answer.

I didn't have any choice but to say " Okay ".

She hurried back to her desk directly.

I highly doubted that she did this to work with me. She could have chosen any other girl or even boy easily to work with. Maybe she was jealous of James speaking to me and offering to be my partner? Or did she have another intention in her head that I didn't know about??!!

Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts.