Chapter 16 The Speech

James pov

" Meet me in the middle of the main lake in the eastern forest, you give me the contract, I give you the girl " these were Falcone's last words, before he hung up on me.

I called him again to tell him that I gave up, that I'm gonna give him the land, that I cared about Jannah's safety more than anything in the world.

I gave up, he won.

He was really happy that I finally surrendered.

I told him that I was gonna give a speech at the site of the construction in front of the tv cameras there.

I was supposed to give a speech in front of the public to announce my plans for the land, that I was gonna build an orphanage on it, but instead I was going to cancel these plans and tell the world that I sold it.

Falcone told me that we were going to make the exchange in the middle of a big lake in some abandoned forest away from the media, the police and the public.

I agreed, I had nothing else to do.

We took off, me and Matt, with our hearts pounding against chestwalls in anxiety.

I prayed every minute on my way to the construction site that God keeps Jannah safe.

When we reached the site, the builders seemed surprised by the un schueled visit, but there were already many media outlets at the site.

One of the news correspondants approached me saying,

" Mr Wayne, America has been highly anticipating your aspiring project in this site, one of the biggest orphanages in America as your late father promised, can you give us some exclusive details? " she asked.

" Lois, don't be in such a hurry, everything will be revealed in details in my speach, excuse me, I have some business to attend to " I excused myself out of the conversation.

I got to the stage Where I should be giving the speech, I gave matt a final look, he nodded, giving me the sign to begin.

" Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here to witness the birth of a revolutionary project, one that the wayne enterprises have been working on dedicately for the past few years, a project we have been eager to share with the world to pay back our debts to the society, to the people, to America ".

" See, the wayne enterprises would have never achieved or sustained the success without your support, so we thought of this project to help the society. We thought of this project to help the orphans and the homeless children, to convert them into good citizens, to save them from the street and its dangers ".

" We were lucky enough to have a normal healthy protected childhood, but what about them? They are our responsibility, God will hold us accountable for neglecting them, plus it's a mutual benefit, they get a normal childhood, lead a normal life, become cotributing citizens to the society, less crime rates, less hatered and discrmination, It's a win win situation, so I, James bruce wayne, the CEO of the wayne enterprises, announce..... "

The next part will be narrated by a Tv correspondant at the inaugration.

" Its Lois Lane from LA, We are live from the site of the future youth centre that we are promised will change the face of America, we are expecting the announcement of the wayne youth centre anytime soon, Mr wayne is giving a long speech, he has always been known for his charming charisma and good words, he had always had a way with words, we tried to speak to him before his speech but he declined, but we had our insider Sources that have confirmed to us the following........Oh my God, oh my God, we are......We are hearing shots, again we are hearing gunshots, I don't think that It's fireworks, It's gunshots, Oh my God, Mr wayne has fallen down, he has been shot, I confirm Mr wayne has been shot, It's definitely an attempt on his life, of course we can't confirm now the extent of his wounds, but from the angle of the shots it appears to be a proffisional sniper we are dealing with here, it has turned into a chaotic situation right here, everybody escaped for their lives as soon as they heard the shots except maybe Mr Matt Sullivan, he is sitting by his boss's body right now trying to press his wounds.....an ambulance has arrived to take Mr wayne away, oh God, the scene here is like that of a battle, everybody abandoned their chairs.... okay, okay, the ambulance is taking Mr wayne away, we are praying that he is okay, we have millions of questions in our minds right now, who wants to get rid of the CEO of the wayne enterprises, of course this is not the first attempt on his life, he survived last time with a miracle, we Hope this time he is in a better situation, I will be giving you any new any time, we will be covering this until we fully understand what had happened here, back to the studio "

15 minutes later

" It's Lois Lane back for breaking news, we have contacted Mr Matt Sullivan James Wayne's personal assisstant and he had confirmed that Mr Wayne couldn't make it, I confirm that the 29 year old CEO of the wayne enterprises had been shot Three times, and announced dead on arrival to the hospital, it is very unfortante to lose such a promising businessman at such a Young age, and we expect that the Wayne enterprises will be facing a bad time without It's Young CEO, back to the studio "

Vote, comment, let me know your thought.