chapter 13 My brother

Jannah pov

" So what reminded you of us?!!" I shouted at my brother.

I haven't seen Hassan in a year, he couldn't handle our father's death well at all, so he broke loose.

He began to party wildly, drink and do drugs. He would come home drunk and when my mother tried to talk some sense into him he would push her and even beat her, I've also got my share of being beaten by him.
Untill we decided that we had had enough of his antics.

So we gave him the choice, either return to the path of Allah or leave, so he left.

I can't say I wasn't sad when he left, but as the time passed I grew to hate him, he left us alone with no man, no protection to hide behind.  We were so vulnerable, exposed to every danger, we needed him so bad and he just left. He should have carried on the legacy of our father but instead he became a disgrace to his name. I didn't think I could forgive him.

" Son " mum shouted in surprise  " come in ".

" I can't believe you are gonna let him in so easily like this mum, after all what he has done to you, after all what he has done to us " I shouted.
I tried to close the door in his face, but my mum stopped me.

" Stop it Jannah " mum said.

" I can't believe you mum, he shows up and you just forgive him like this " I said to her, angerily.

" I missed you all " he said in a fake tone of affection.

" We missed you too son, come in " mum replied with tears in her eyes.

" Okay that's it I'm going upstairs, because I can't stand the sight of you" I shouted at them.

I went upstairs not believing how easy my mum forgot all about what Hassan has done. She always said before that she considers him dead!!! What's wrong with her?!! I guess mothers' affection, something I will never understand untill I become one myself.

But still, the question that I couldn't answer was what brought him back to us after all these years?!! Repentance?!!! I highly doubt that.
" Whatever the reason is, I hope it's good " I said to myself.

After about 30 minutes of speaking like a crazy to myself, my mum came into my room.

" He left?!!!" I asked her angerily.

" Yes, calm down " she answered.

" See, he didn't come to stay. What did he want?!! Maybe he wanted money to buy him some drugs ?!!" I asked.

" No, Jannah " my mum said sternly.

" I'm sorry, I just can't believe how easily you let him in after all what he had done?!!! " I explained.

" I'm a mother, Jannah, you won't know how it feels, I missed him everyday " she said with tears in her eyes.

" Oh mum, don't cry " I said hugging her.

After a couple of minutes of trying to stop my mother from strating a crying session.

" Then why did he come?!!" I asked her.