Familiar Faces

Narrator's POV

"Aunt May, I'm home." Peter came through the door. He had a white plastic bags full of groceries in his hands. "I bought some milk and eggs for the-" He stopped once he looked up and noticed the two extra bodies that sat at the table. "Um...hello." He said, quietly.

"Oh good thing you're home Peter." Aunt May went over to him and embraced him. "Wherever you been all day? It's already dark outside."

"I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" He kept his eyes fixed on the bodies, still sitting at the table.

"Of course not dear. In fact, I want you to meet some friends of mine." She took the groceries from his hands and set them on the counter. "Peter, you remember Mr. Stark and Dr. Strange." She smiled.

"Hello Peter." Tony reached his hand out for Peter to shake, but suddenly out of nowhere Levi rushed over to Peter, embracing him.

"Whoa. H-Hey there. Uh.." Levi wrapped himself lovingly around Peter.

"You must excuse Levi, he gets a little excited t-"

Levi, why did that name sound so familiar to Peter.

Levi.

Levi.

Mr. Stark. Levi. Dr. Strange...

//0//0

"Peter, come on. It's time to eat." Called Aunt May from a distance.

A 6 year old Peter was running around the backyard, with a stick in his hand. A red fabric relic floating close behind him.

The sun shone brightly, the sky was a beautiful blue. The clouds were puffy and snow white. The grass in the white picketed fence was a vibrant green. A perfect day for a grill out.

"Come on Levi! We better get there before all the hotdogs are gone!" He laughed.

Levi sensed his urgency and swoop him off his feet and headed to the white picnic table on the patio. They were almost there, until Steven stepped in front of them.

"Slow down there buckaroo." He said, stretching his arm out and stiffening his hand to halt them to a stop. Levi stopped in front of his owner. "Where do you think you're going?" Stephe asked Peter, who was being held eye level with him by Levi.

"I was going to eat hotdogs before they're all gone." Peter said. He leaned a little closer to Stephen. "I heard Mr. Tony likes then a lot." He whispered.

Stephen laughed. Levi handed Peter into Stephen's arms. "Yes, he likes them very much." He held Peter close, and nuzzled him.

Tony was watching from a distance. He smiled. His heart melted. He couldn't help the butterflies from exploding in his stomach at the sight of his two boys in such a sweet scene.

"Alright." Stephen straightened himself. "Let's go get those hotdogs!" He put Peter on his shoulders and carried him all the way to the picnic table.

//0//0

Then it hit him.

"Levi?" His eyes widen, and he gasped. "Levi!" He wrapped his arms around himself, embracing Levi. "Oh Mr. Stark. Dr. Strange!" He went in to embrace of them. Their heads rested on each of his shoulder.

They stood there, a little in shock at Peter's reaction. They looked at each other, smiled and wrapped their arms around Peter.

Aunt May smiled at the sweet display.

"I've missed you guys so much!" Peter couldn't contain his happiness.

"We've missed you too Peter." Stephen said softly. "More than you can imagine." He smiled.

They drew away from each other.

"You've grown quite a lot Peter. Last time I saw you, you were this small." Tony teased as he inched his pointer finger and thumb apart.

"I know! It's been forever." Peter laughed. He looked over at Stephen, who had a small smile plastered on his face. He was quiet. "Dr. Strange wanna see a magic trick I learned?"

"Oh, sure." Stephen gave Peter his attention.

"Observe." Peter formed two rings with his thumbs and pointer fingers, locking them together. "Mm." He showed the small crowd. He put his hands behind his head. "Oooo~" He teased. His hands then emerged from behind his hands, separated. "Whaaaa?"

Tony snorted. Stephen smiled and looked down at the floor. "Oh Peter."

Peter laughed. "Thank you lady and gentlemen." He bowed, and laughed once he was looking up at them.

Tony's phone went off. He reached for it and read what was on the lit screen.

"Well kid, it seems that Stephen and I need to be on our way. Got a late night meeting to attend." He explained.

"Aww, leaving so soon? You just got here, you haven't even tried Aunt May's world famous triple chocolate brownies." He said, looking around for the two that had been set on the counter, covered in plastic wrap.

"That sounds quite wonderful actually." Stephen smiled.

"Stephen." Tony nudged him.

Stephen sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine." He whispered in his breath. "Sorry Peter, maybe next time we come around." Stephen fixed the rolled up cuffs of his white dress shirt, and walked over to the door with Tony. He opened the door and let Tony go before him.

"Aww." He whined.

"You two come by anytime you'd like. Don't even bother knocking." Aunt May told them as they were almost out the door.

"Will do. And we promise next time we'll stay a little longer. Maybe even have a barbecue." Tony winked at Peter. "Good night. Rest up. See you later kid." Tony was out the door.

"Good night Peter." Stephen said, giving a small saddened smile. Peter waved at him. He walked out the door, closing it gently behind him.

Tony patted Stephen on the back and have him a soft smile as they stood on the sidewalk, in front of his new sports car.

"Wait!" Peter's voice came from behind them. They both turned around to find him coming out of the door. He ran to them.

"Yes Peter?" Stephen asked, but was taken by surprise when Peter wrapped his arms around him tightly.

"Thank you for being there for me. You two were the closet I'll ever have to a dad." Peter said quietly and softly into Stephen's chest.

"Y-" Stephen slowly wrapped his arms around Peter and placed his chin on top of Peter's head. A soft smile formed on his lips. "You're welcome."

Tony stare at them, removing his glasses, and couldn't help but smile. He noticed Aunt May standing at the doorway, leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed. Her stare went from Stephen and Peter to him, she raised a brow.

He sighed.

"Come on Stephen." He hated ruining such a moment, but they really did have to go.

Stephen and Peter drew a part. "Good night Peter. Take care."

"Good night." Peter said a little saddened with his stare focused on the ground. Stephen picked up his chin and smiled at him.

"I promise we'll be back soon." He pretended to look around. "Sooner than you think." He whispered.

Peter smiled.

Stephen got in the car and drove away with Tony. He sighed in the passenger side, Levi rested on his shoulders; caressing his cheek.

"You alright Wizard?" Asked Tony.

He lightly slapped Levi out of his face, causing something to drop into his lap. He picked it up and smiled.

In his hand he held a brownie wrapped in plastic wrap.

"Just great."