What Have You Done?

For anamewithastory

Narrator's POV

"He took her to Vormir." Nebula said. "He came back with the Soul Stone...but she didn't." She said.

Anger, loss, heartbreak. That was all running through Quill's mind.

Tony's helmet disabled. "Okay Quill, you gotta cool it right now. You understand?" Tony spoke. Quill turned to Thanos. Tony knew what was coming. "Don't, don't. Don't engage. We almost got this off!"

"Tell me she's lying." Peter said. Nebula looked away. "Asshole, tell me you didn't do it!" Quill yelled in anger.

"I had to." Thanos hissed.

"No, you didn't." Quill was heartbroken. His whole world was caving in within him. "No, you didn't." He shook his head. He picked up one of his blasters and punched Thanos with it, yelling. "No, you didn't!"

"Quill!" Tony shouted. Quill only kept punching Thanos, making Mantis lose her balance. "Hey, stop! Hey, stop, stop!" Tony said, enabling his helmet back on and pulling Quill back. "Hey, stop! Stop!" Tony struggled against Quill as he yelled and tried to get back to Thanos. Everyone was struggling now since Quill had thrown everything off.

"It's coming, it's coming. I got it, I got it!" Peter said, as the gauntlet started slipping off Thano's hand.

Thanos regained all consciousness. He grasped the gauntlet firmly, pushing Peter to the ground. He threw his head back, hitting Mantis and reached for her, throwing her into the air.

"Oh god." Peter got up and launched himself toward her. He caught her and used his metal appendages to secure their fall.

Thanos kicked everyone away, grunting. They all got back up and rushed toward him. He used the Power Stone to send a power surge toward them, knocking them senseless. He pulled Stephen's ropes and threw him. Tony blasted him, but was thrown Stephen at him; knocking him into a pile of rubble.

Tony quickly got up and lunged toward Thanos, hitting him with a blade. He was thrown by Thanos into the ground. Thanos looked up and used the Power Stone to get ahold of a moon and pulled it toward Tony. Tony looked up and saw what was headed his way. He took off flying, avoiding parts of the moons that crashed against the planet.

He almost got away, but was crushed by a large piece of rock.

The impact from the rocks hitting the planet, send the guardians, who were still conscious, flying into the atmosphere.

Peter swung around, avoiding falling flaming rocks as they fell toward Titan. He still had Mantis with him, swinging her around catching her. He webbed her onto a structure, and webbed the other guardians. "I got you! I got you!" He said. "I'm sorry I can't remember everybody's names." He was out of breath.

///0///0

Stephen faced Thanos now. He launched red glowing ropes toward Thanos, who dodged them and blasted an attack with the Power Stone. Stephen defected it with a mirror shield and sent it back toward Thanos. Thanos broke through it and absorbed it with the Space Stone, hurling it back toward Stephen. Stephen quickly formed a spell, using it to protect himself. It broke Thanos's attack and turned it into butterflies, how peaceful. Thanos grunted as the butterflies flew his direction.

Stephen levitated, his many arms appeared behind him. Each pair took form into him and spread around Thanos. They all used ropes to restrain him, but Thanos once again used the Power Stone to vanish them one by one. It send the real Stephen back a little. Thanos pulled Stephen toward him with the gauntlet. He gripped him by the throat. "You're full of tricks, Wizard." Stephen grunted. Thanos took the Eye of Agamotto in his hand and pulled it off Stephen's neck. "Yet you never once used your greatest weapon." He crushed the amulet, it was a decoy. Stephen strained. "A fake." Thanos said.