My Brother Misses You

Narrator's POV

"Yeah! Let's go Oliver!" Tony yelled from his lawn chair, watching Oliver kick the ball across the soccer field.

It was the Cubs against the Bandits. The Cubs were in yellow, which was Oliver's team, and the Bandits were in gray.

"There you go Oliver!" Peter cheered as Oliver had just scored a goal. He was sitting next to Tony. It had been a month and a half after Stephen left, and everything was going swell. Tony was getting better.

The coach from the Bandits's team blew the whistle, calling a time out. The two teams huddled around their coaches.

"Was he always this good?" Tony asked Peter.

"Yes actually." Peter answered him. "He's a natural."

"There will be a short intermission." The referee said.

Oliver looked over at Peter and Tony, or so they thought, and ran over in their direction.

"Good job-" Oliver ran past Peter and Tony.

They both turned to see where he was heading. Peter's smile dropped as he saw who was coming.

"Wade!" Oliver said, running into Wade's opened arms. He picked him up.

"Hey bud." Wade smiled at him.

Peter and Tony approached him.

"What are you doing here?" Peter asked.

"I invited him." Oliver said.

"You?" Tony looked at Oliver.

"Mhm." Oliver nodded. "I grabbed the phone sitting on the counter and texted him that I had a game, and it'd be great if he could come and support. I could use the support since Dad's away." Oliver said.

Peter looked from Oliver to Wade.

Tony could sense tension.

"Why don't you come and get something to drink with me while Peter and Wade catch up?" Tony said, stretching his arms out for Wade to hand over Oliver.

"Did you bring apple juice?" Oliver asked, in Tony's arms.

"Of course I did." Tony walked away with him in his arms.

It was quiet between Wade and Peter as they stood there in the middle of a crowd of people. Wade looked at Peter, who didn't look very please. He gave him a small smile and rubbed the back of his neck.

"So...how about this weather?" Wade asked.

Peter looked offended. "The weather? Oh, let's talk about the weather. Hmm, I don't know. How do you feel about the weather?"

"Well it's not bad for a soccer game. It's not too cold, not too hot-" Peter slapped Wade. "Ow, Peter what the hell?" He asked.

"You haven't talked to me in three and a half months, and you want to talk about the weather?" Peter asked, he was angry.

"Well, one of us had to break the ice-"

"Where have you been? You have no idea how worried I've been. I didn't know if you were still alive or lying somewhere in an alley dead-"

"Whoa hol' up." Wade interrupted. "You were worried about me?"

"Yes! You basically disappeared. You haven't been to school, and no one has heard from you. I thought-"

"Aww Petey." Wade smiled.

"Don't you "Petey" me. Your silver tongue isn't working this time." Peter hissed.