First Day of School

Narrator's POV

"Hey, hey Oliver." Tony's voice whispered.

"Hm?" Oliver squirmed in his sleep. "Papa?" He recognized Tony's voice.

"Hey bud." Tony smiled, as Oliver's little eyes opened. "Come on get up."

"What time is it?" Oliver asked, sitting up.

"Very early." Tony gave a small chuckle. He picked up the tired toddler, who fell limp in his arms. He took him to the kitchen, where Stephen and Peter were. Oliver was half asleep on Tony's shoulder still.

"Hey bud." Peter said. Oliver picked up his head, rubbing his eyes; trying to adjust to the bright lighting of the kitchen. "Ready for your first day of school?"

"First day of school?" Oliver yawned.

"Yeah bud. First day of Pre-School." Peter said, happily.

"Tony, I thought you had him dressed already." Stephen said, turning around with Oliver's sippy cup full of warm milk he had heated up. Oliver saw him and stretched his arms out to him.

"Yeah." Tony handed Oliver to Stephen. "I totally forgot." He said.

"It's okay. I'll get him dressed. You go on and eat." Stephen said with Oliver in his arms, he was already drinking out of his sippy cup. "Come on Oliver." He took him up stairs. "Peter you too." He said.

"Coming." Peter took the last bites of his breakfast and raced up stairs.

///0///0

"Alright Oliver." Stephen put Oliver down on the bed, where he already had his clothes laid out. "Let's get you dressed." He took Oliver's sippy cup and placed it on the night stand. He removed Oliver's jammies with his magic and put a red shirt with black thin stripes over Oliver's torso. He put sand colored kakis over Oliver's bottom half. "Here you go." Stephen returned Oliver's sippy cup back to him and began to put socks and shoes over Oliver's feet. He brushed his hair carefully, trying not to tug at the curls. "Alright buddy. You're all ready to go." Stephen helped Oliver off the bed, taking his hand and heading down stairs with him.

Tony heard them coming down stairs and turned to the staircase. He saw his son all dressed up, drinking out of his sippy cup. "Wow Oliver." Tony went over to him and picked him up. He spun him around and kissed his cheek when he came to a stop. "You look so handsome just like your Papa." He said, smiling at Stephen. Peter came downstairs, getting a look at his little brother.

"Lookin' good." Peter smiled.

"Peter, hold him. I want to get a picture of him and you ready for school." Stephen said, taking his phone out.

"Come here Oliver." Peter took a hold of him. Stephen pointed the camera at him. "Look at Daddy." He pointed at Stephen. Oliver turned to him. Stephen snapped a picture.

"Gotcha." Stephen smiled.

Tony stood behind him. "Send me that please." He said.

"Me too." Peter said, his watch went off. He put Oliver down. "Hey, I've gotta run. Have a good day little bro. I love you." He said, kissing Oliver's cheek. "Bye dads."

"Bye Peter."

Peter was gone.

"Come on Oliver. It's time for us to take you to school too." Tony picked up Oliver. "Stephen come on. We don't want him to be late on his first day."

"Coming." Stephen came back with Oliver's little blue backpack.

///0///0

"Alright Oliver. We're here." Tony said, looking at Oliver, who was secured in his car seat, through the rearview mirror. Oliver looked through the window. He saw other children walking in with their moms and dads. They were all smiling.