You Were My Sunshine

Narrator's POV

"Urgh... You talk too much." Thor struggled to speak as he was placed on his knees by a large purple hand that grabbed him by the head. It was none other than the titan, Thanos.

"The Tesseract...or your brother's head?" Thanos looked at Loki, pulling his brother's head closer to the power stone that was ready to kill. "I assume you have a preference."

Loki looked at Thanos with cold eyes. His brother groaned, gasping for air.

"Oh, I do." Loki answered. "Kill away."

Thanos looked at him, shocked; but proceeded. He pressed the stone to Thor's head, causing pain filled screams to erupt from his throat.

Loki watched. His brother was suffering, screaming and groaning in pain. He was holding back any emotion, as he could tell Thanos sensed it in him. He couldn't take it. He couldn't watch his brother suffer any longer.

"Alright stop!" He shouted.

Thanos stopped his torture. Thor gasped, panting for air.

"We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard." Thor let out in short breaths.

Loki looked at his brother, regret filling his eyes. He raised his hand in the air, and the Tesseract appeared in his hand. The blue light was beautiful.

Thanos smirked. Oh the power, he could sense it.

"You..." Thor let out. "...truly are the worst brother." He panted.

Loki stepped toward Thanos with the Tesseract in his hand. "I assure you brother, the sun will shine on us again." He said.

Thanos chuckled. "Your optimism is misplaced Asgardian."

"Well for one thing: I'm not Asgardian." Loki said. Thanos tilted his head slightly in confusion. "And for another: we have a Hulk." He said.

Suddenly Hulk rushed out. Loki dropped the Tesseract and pushed his brother aside. Hulk pushed Thanos into a pile of rubble, roaring. He hit him, punching him left and right. He pushed into a wall, forcing a groan to come from Thanos's throat.

One of Thanos's children stood up defensively, ready to help Thanos, but was held back by one of his own.

"Let him have his fun." He said.

Thanos blocked a punch from Hulk. This struck fear into the green being. He was hit. Thanos had a more advanced and elegant way of fighting. He knew where to hit and how hard to hit. He had Hulk beat on the ground, unconscious. He stood victoriously before he was suddenly attacked by Thor with a metal instrument.

Thanos looked at him. Thor had anger in his eyes, he was ready to fight him; but Thanos simply swung his arm, sending the Asgardian flying.

One of Thanos's minions used metal to hold Thor down. Thor's eyes fell to the ground, finding Heimdall still alive. He looked at him.

Heimdall raised his arm. "Our fathers...let the dark magic fall through me one last..." He raised his arm higher. "...time." His hand began to glow, forming an aurora around Hulk. It lifted the green being, the Bifrost opened around Hulk.

Thanos watched as Hulk was taken by the Bifrost and sent somewhere in the universe.

Thanos approached Heimdall.

Heimdall's stare fell upon Thanos now. Thanos took a spear from one of his children.

Thor watched.

"That was mistake." Thanos said. Heimdall kept his stare on him. Raising the spear into the air just a few feet above the Asgardian's chest, he pushed it down; ripping right through Heimdall.

"NOOOOOOOO!" Thor screamed.

Thanos watched as the life left Heimdall's body. He twisted the spear, hurrying the dying process. Heimdall kept his eyes fixed on Thanos as the life left his body. Seconds later, he was dead.

"You. Are going to die for that." Thor said.

The same minion who had put all the metal around him, hushed him by placing a piece of metal over his mouth.

"Shhh." He said, placing a finger to his disgusting mouth.

Thanos walked over to the being who had hushed the Asgardian, who held the Tesseract.

"My humble personage." He spoke, beginning to kneel. "My grandeur." Thanos removed his helmet, his eyes fell upon the Tesseract. He began to remove his armor. "No other being has ever had the might neigh the nobility to will not one, but two infinity stones." Thanos took the Tesseract from the speaking being. He kept his eyes fixed on it. It was beautiful. "The universe...lies within your grasp." Thanos shattered the glass around the blue colored stone.

Blowing on it, he took it within his finger tips and placed it into one of the five empty pockets of his gauntlet. He groaned, feeling the power surge through him. He looked down at the stone, admiring it.

"There two more stones on earth. Find them, my children, and bring them to me in Titan." Thanos said.

All his children vowed. "We will not fail you father-"

"If I might interject." Loki stepped out of the shadows. Everyone stared at him. "If you're going to earth. You might want a guide." He said, opening his arms; smiling. "Do have a bit of experience in that arena." He said, stepping closer to the crowd around Thanos.

"If you consider failure experience." Thanos said.

"I consider experience experience." Loki snapped back. Thanos faced Loki. "Almighty Thanos..." He spoke. "I, Loki, prince of Asgard..." He stepped closer to Thanos. He stopped in front of his brother and looked him. "Odinson." He said, looking at his dear brother. Thor looked at him. "...the rightful king of Jotunheim, god of mischief..." He looked back at Thanos, a blade formed at his fingertips. "...do herby pledge to you..." Thor took noticed. He looked at his brother. "...my undying fidelity." He said, his breath grew short. His stare fell to the ground, and he took in a deep breath. Then his hand sprung up, aiming the blade to Thanos's throat, only to be stopped by the power of the space stone.

"Undying?" Thanos looked at him. He took Loki's arm into his hand. "You should choose your words more carefully." He said, forcing Loki's arm down; making Loki grunt and the knife fall to the ground. Loki stared at the titan with fear. He was taken by the throat, choking as he was picked up into the air.

He grabbed onto Thanos's arm, trying to breathe. He wriggled in Thanos's death grip, trying to loosen the hand around his neck to breathe. Thanos watched with great pleasure, he looked over at Thor, who looked very concerned. He looked back at Loki, who stopped struggling. He had accepted his fate.

"You..." He chocked out. "...will never be..." He gasped. "...a god." Thanos looked at him, tilted his head slightly as he grew offended. He let out a sigh. The sound of bones cracking came after.

Thor watched his brother's body grow limp. He managed to let out a mumbled no. His heart was snapped in two.

Thanos turned to him and walked over to him. He threw his brother's body in front of him. "No resurrections this time." He said. He backed up and raised his hand in the air, using the power stone to set everything ablaze.

He opened a portal with the space stone, and he and his children disappeared.

Thor broke free from his metal trap, stumbling over to his brother's lifeless body. He crawled to his brother's body, grasping him by the chest and bringing him closer.

"No. Loki." He cried softly. He laid his head on his brother's chest, crying.

His best friend, his brother, his family. It had all been taken away from him. The one person he loved the most, was gone. He had nothing now. His world was burning into flames. He had nothing. He was all alone. His brother had faked his own death many many times, but he knew this time...
               he wasn't coming back.