Daddy, I'm Scared

Narrator's POV

"I don't feel so good." Peter said, approaching Tony with a limp. He looked down at his hands, then up at his dad.

Tony looked at how scared his son was. "You're all right." He said to him as Peter made his way toward him, trying to calm him down.

"I don't..." Peter limped. "I don't know what's happening." Peter looked down at his hand. "I don't know..." He groaned as he tripped over his own feet, his knees felt weak. Tony caught him in his arms. Peter got a tight grip on his dad, hiding his face in his neck. "I'm scared. Dad, I'm very scared." He didn't know what was going on, he was terrified.

"Shh, it's okay Peter. I've got you." Tony rubbed his back.

"I don't want to go." Peter said in a shaky voice. He was on the verge of tears. "I don't want to go, Dad. Please." He said, trying his best to hold on to his dad. Tears had already made their way out of Peter's eyes. "Please, I don't want to go. I don't want to go." Peter said in tears. He felt very weak. He couldn't even hold himself up. He put all his weight on his dad.

Tony couldn't hold him up for much longer, he slowly began to lay Peter down. "It's okay, Peter. It's okay." Tony said, trying to calm his son down. "I've got you. Nothing's going to happen to you." He laid Peter down on the ground. Peter looked at him. "See? You're okay. You're okay." Tony gave him a broken smile. He knew that wasn't the truth.

Peter wasn't okay. He wasn't going to be okay.

And Peter knew. He knew his dad was just trying to make him feel better, trying to help him calm down before his departure.

"Dad..." Peter spoke.

"Yes, Peter? I'm here." Tony said. "I'm all ears. I'm here."

"I'm sorry if I ever disappointed you. I'm sorry if I ever made you feel bad. I'm sorry if I disobeyed you and came along with you even when you wanted me to stay back on earth. I'm sorry I took marker and drew facial hair on myself and imitated you and Dr. Dad in mirror."

"No, no Peter." Tony laughed a little, sniffling. He caressed Peter's cheek. "It's okay. It's okay." He smiled at his son. "You could never disappoint me. You're my son, I love you with all my heart." Tony told him, smiling. Tears pooled in his eyes.

Peter looked at him. "Please tell Wade I'm sorry." Peter said.

"I will. I will." Tony nodded.

"And tell Oliver his big brother is sorry too." Peter said. "And that he's strong, and he shouldn't let other people pick on him. tell him to follow his dream of being an artist."

"I will. I will tell him every word." Tony said.

Peter stared at his dad, giving him a small nod. "I'm sorry..." He said softly.

Peter looked away and closed his eyes. He began to turn into ash right in front of Tony's eyes. Tears slid down Tony's face. The hand he was resting on Peter's chest, fell right through the ashes and hit the ground. Tony panted as he watched the ashes slowly float away and down at his hand.

He sat up, keeping his eyes on the hand that touched Peter one last time. He caressed it with his other hand.

Nebula stared at Tony.

"He did it." She said.

Tony took in a deep breath and closed his eyes. He let out the air in his lungs in very short amounts. He opened his eyes suddenly and let screamed. He was angry, in pain, and suffering from a heartbreak. He had lost it all. "Why?!" He yelled. "Why couldn't it have been me?! You filthy bastard! I will find you! And I will kill you! I will kill you! And I will make sure you suffer!" He tossed his head back a little and joined his hands together and placed them under his chin. He began to cry, whimpering.

He had lost everything. He had nothing now.

Nebula took a seat next him, a little distance away, giving him some space.

"Th-They're gone..." Tony's voice broke as he spoke. Tears dropped from his eyes onto the sandy ground of Titan. "I-I don't even know if Oliver is still alive."

Nebula's eyes fell to the ground. She didn't know what to say. Was saying something even going to make any difference? The man had just lost his husband and son, what on earth could cheer him up now? She decided to say nothing.

The two sat in silence, listening to the thunder that roared above their heads.