In Sickness and In Health

Narrator's POV

"Knock knock. Knooooooock knooooo-ooock." Came a voice at the door. There were continuous knocks on the door. And the bell kept ringing and ringing. "Ding dong." Came the voice as the doorbell rang. "Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong!"

"Urgh..." Tony groaned. He already knew who was at the door. He was leaning on the counter with a mug in his hand. He rolled his eyes. "Friday activate home defense system on the front door." He said looking at the video the front camera was displaying.

Threat detected. Waiting for orders to fire

"Friday do not fire. Deactivate defense." Stephen said.

Home defenses deactivated

"Oh Mr. Father-in-law Stark." Wade's voice said at the front door. He ran the doorbell and knocked again.

Stephen went over to the door and opened it.

"Oh, well hi there Dr. Strange." Wade was standing at the door with a teddy bear holding a heart and some flowers.

"Hello Wade." Stephen greeted.

"May I come in?" Asked Wade.

"Please. Come in." Stephen stepped aside and allowed Wade inside.

"Oh god. You let him in here?" Tony said, stepping into the room.

"Good to see you too." Wade smiled.

"Never mind him Wade. Come sit. Would you like a drink?" Came Stephen.

"Uh, yes please. Thank you." Wade said, following Stephen, walking past Tony. "How's Peter?"

"He's still quite sick." Stephen said, pouring Wade a glass of water. Tony walked past Wade and stood next to Stephen.

"Hm. Is it okay if I go see him?" Wade asked.

"Of course. Just be careful, don't be too loud. He says his hearing is a bit sensitive at the time." Stephen warned.

"Don't get any funny ideas either." Tony said, eyeing him.

"I promise." Wade said, heading up to Peter's room with the teddy bear and the flowers.

Tony and Stephen watched him disappear upstairs.

"Still don't like him." Tony said.

///0///0

"Oh Peeeeteeey!" Wade bursted into Peter's room.

Peter jumped a little and turned to his door. "W-Wade?" He sat up, using his elbows.

"Hello my precious boy." Wade said, going over to Peter's bedside and kneeling.

"Oh Wade." Peter gave a weak smile and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend.

"Oh." Wade smiled and wrapped his arms around Peter, kissing his cheek.

They pulled away.

"How was France?" Asked Peter.

"Canada." Wade corrected him. "Man, you really are sick. Aren't you?" Wade placed a hand on Peter's forehead. "It was fine. Met a few people here and there. Too bad I had to kill them." Wade laughed.

"H-huh?" Peter jumped back a little.

"Oh don't worry. I left two in the hospital."

"What is it that you do again?" Peter asked.

"Don't you worry about it." Wade kissed Peter's forehead. "Look, I brought you these." He gave Peter the flowers. "And this."

"Aww, thank y-" Peter looked at the teddy bear and read the message that was displayed on the heart it was holding.