Nightmares or The Future?

Narrator's POV

"Strange!" Tony groaned in pain as he laid on the ground with a hand over his abdomen. He had been impaled. He stretched an arm out, trying to reach Stephen who was placing a hand over the Eye of Agamotto.

"D-Dr. Strange..." Peter called as a large hand wrapped around the his throat. Stephen turned to him. Pools of tears filled his eyes. "Argh!" Peter groaned. His eyes rolling to the back of his head. "D-Dad!" Peter yelped.

This broke his heart. He couldn't give up the time stone. No, it had to stay with him. Giving up the time stone would cripple the universe.

But his family. His family was dying. They needed him desperately. He was the only one that could save them.

So many thoughts took over his head. What would he do? What can he do?! He put his hands to his head. Fears and thoughts filled his head.

"Peter! No!" Tony yelled, interrupting Stephen's train of thought; forcing him to look up. Peter's body had fallen limp in the hand that was holding him by the throat.

Stephen's eyes widen in disbelief. Tears streamed down his face. "No... No. Peter-"

"AH!" Stephen shot up quickly. His breathing was rapid. He looked around. He was in his room, in his bed.

It had only been a nightmare.

"Hah." He sighed in relief. He remained sitting up, and put his hands over his face. "Oh god." He whispered. Tears streamed down his face.

"Stephen?" Tony's voice suddenly came into his ears. Stephen didn't do anything, he only remained sitting up with his face in his hands; quietly sobbing. The lamp on the nightstand turned on. "Honey, what's wrong? What is it?" Tony asked, placing his hands over Stephen's shoulders and pulling Stephen's into an embrace. He got no response from Stephen. "Shh, it's okay." Tony whispered.

"I-I couldn't save Peter." Stephen said.

"It was only a nightmare." Tony said, rubbing Stephen's back softly.

"Tony he died. He died." Stephen kept repeating. "And it was all my fault."

"Stephen, calm down." Tony said, trying his best to comfort his frightened husband.

Stephen just remained in Tony's arms, sobbing quietly.

///0///0

"Daddy, what's that on your face?" Oliver asked. The family was sitting around the dining table, eating dinner.

"Hm?" Stephen asked, feeling his face.

"Yeah. I hadn't noticed that." Tony said, looking at Stephen's right side of his face. "You have a cut on your jawline." He said. "It's quite clean. Did you cut yourself with the razor?"

"Um, no. I'm very careful with my shaving." Stephen said, feeling the cut with one of his shaky hands.

"Maybe he sleepwalks and ran himself into something." Peter said, taking a bite of his dinner.

"Peter, I've been with your dad for nine years now and have never seen him get up in the middle of the night and walk around." Tony said.

"It seems like a really clean cut form a blade or something." Wade said.

"Maybe I moved too quickly in my sleep and cut myself with the arc reactor." Stephen said, looking at Tony.

///0///0

"Hmmm..." Tony groaned, sitting up slowly. He rubbed his eyes. There was a buzzing in his ears, causing him to wake from his slumber. He looked around. Things were spinning around the room. "Huh?" He looked down at Stephen when he noticed him shift.

"Hah. Ah." Stephen shifted in his sleep. His head turned to one side, then the other. He gasped and gave small whines. His hands moved around in his sleep, with green shields  around his wrists and hands. There was a green glow originating from Stephen's chest. The Eye was opened. "S-Stop. No." Stephen mumbled. Things continued to fly around the room.

Tony gasped and dogged when a vase flew past his head, hitting the wall and shattering. He looked at Stephen. "Stephen. Stephen wake up." Tony shook his husband. Stephen shifted, twitching a little. "Wake up! Stephen!" Tony nudged him.

"Hah!" Stephen sat up quickly. The Eye closed, the green aurora faded. The things floating in the room dropped to the floor, slowly returning to their normal position. He saw Tony, staring at him. "Tony?" He asked. His breathing was fast. "What's wrong? What happened?" He asked.

"You were casting spells in your sleep." Tony said. Things were flying around the room, and The Eye was opened." Tony explained.

Stephen sighed, putting a hand to his head. He was sweating. He looked down at the hand that wasn't on his head, it was trembling rapidly. Not due to his nerves you see, but with fear. He soon put the hand on his head next to his free hand. They were both trembling rapidly. "These nightmares Tony. They're getting worse." Stephen said, swallowing a big lump he had in his throat. "And m-more cruel and morbid. So full of hatred and death." Stephen explained.

"It's okay Stephen. It's okay." Tony embraced Stephen.

"It's not okay." Stephen said, letting his head lay on Tony's shoulder. He noticed little drops of blood running down Tony's cheek. He sat up. "Tony, you're bleeding."

"Uh, yeah." Tony shrugged.

"Did I do this?" Stephen asked, examining the wound.

"It wasn't your fault. A vase hit the wall, and the glass shattered." Tony said.

"I'm sorry." Stephen said.

"No, no. It's fine." Tony said, pulling his face away from Stephen.

"At least let me treat it." Stephen said.

///0///0

It was 3:26 am. Tony was awake, facing Stephen, who was sleeping peacefully. Tony was keeping an eye on him while they slept. He caressed Stephen's hair, smiling as the doctor twitched a little at his touch. He kissed his husband's forehead and pulled him close.

"I've got you Stephen. It's okay." He said.