|Chapter 4|

|Dalton|

Isabella stood outside my door with some money tied together. "What's this for?" I asked tilting my head to the side as I let her in. "For helping me on the job." Isabella said handing the money over which I accepted.

There was twenty twenties. "I got eight hundred, so I split it." Isabella said and I nodded. 'This is so weird getting money that isn't from working for mom.' I nodded at that as I set the money away in my wallet before returning to the inside out cheeseburgers I was cooking.

"Smells good in here." Isabella said sitting down. "I'm making some inside out cheeseburgers." I told her. She licked her lips. "I made three for me, but you can have my third one." I told her with a gentle smile. "Really?" Isabella asked and I nodded at that with a bit of a smile.

"And I'm also making some homemade mac and cheese to go with." I said looking at the strained noodles as I went to work on the cheese sauce. 'And we get to spend a nice peaceful dinner with Isabella.' 'Sounds like a good plan after killing some Forsaken.'

It didn't take me long to get the cheese sauce done as well as the cheeseburgers. With a smile I mixed in the noodles and cheese before getting down some plates. I put the cheeseburgers on the respective plates before loading them up with mac and cheese and going over to Isabella.

"Wela." I told her and Isabella was happy to take it as she took a bite and the melting cheese oozed out. 'My favorite part about the inside out burger. The gooey melty cheese inside the burger that is to die for.' I nodded at as I went to eating my cheeseburger with a smile.

"But thanks for helping me out on the Forsaken job, it means a lot. We even let some lone wolf go on her way." Isabella said. "Yep." I said with a bit of a smile on my face before we continued to eat our hot out of the pan food.

'Helping Isabella on jobs isn't that bad considering on the fact that it wasn't that hard.' Well as long as the jobs were simple of course. I had no desire to really join Isabella in on her jobs but if she needed help I wouldn't mind providing that help.

And of course I wasn't even in it for the money, I was simply being nice and offering Isabella some help. She paid me of her own free will with the job, so I gave her dinner as well. And I did not share my food that well with others.

'Nope, our food belongs to us no one else.' But I had been nice enough to give up one cheeseburger for Isabella. But I wouldn't give up anymore, if she wanted another one I'd simply go make her another one. The one burger I gave up had been pushing it enough.

I had been feeling nice and she did give me $400 on top of it so the cheeseburger was the least I could do for her. We ate our food in a blissful silence before I put the dishes away and rinsed them off as Isabella wiped her mouth clean of the cheese sauce.

'And tomorrow we are back to our ordinary mundane college lives, least we got that itch out with helping Isabella.' 'And hopefully Isabella's boredom will be taken care of for a bit.' Ash nodded at that as Isabella stood up and stretched with a bit of a smile on her face.

"I'm painting Krampus." Isabella said with a smile. "What for?" I asked tilting my head to the side in confusion. "Oh the professor is doing Holiday themed drawings and one painting each week until Christmas break, sure he'll be a bit weird out," Isabella said with a smile on her face.

"But Krampus is still part of Christmas, he's St. Nick's evil half." Isabella said. 'Well doesn't she have an interesting concept on that. Doing Holiday paintings with the horror edge to it.' I nodded at that as Isabella's muscles popped back into place before she gave me a half smile.