|Chapter 8|

|Dalton|

Christmas came a lot faster than expected. We barely had time to get ready before packing and then we were at Greenburg. Mom was happy to see us as usual and greeted us all with big hugs and smiles.

'I sure do miss mom's love she gives us. But coming back to it sure is nice. She always looks so happy to see us.' I couldn't help the smile on my face. The beautiful tree was up. My mom preferred real trees and had gotten a huge tree with a smile on.

It was next to the staircase and was about 8ft tall with a beautiful shining star and a wolf holding it. Like most holidays werewolves celebrated it differently. Werewolves had different traditions than most supernatural as well as humans. So we did different things on Christmas and it had always been that way.

'Winter solstice is a fun time to do things and falls near Christmas.' Witches celebrated that and so did werewolves. Runs were the most famous along with the winter hunt that took place every single year. It honored our ancestors and wasn't barbaric.

When Black Crescent Moon first started the food was low. So they moved north to what is now Greenburg, New York. And the food had been low around the winter solstice. So together they made a hunt on the winter solstice which kept the pack alive and not succumbing to insanity or starvation.

They hunted so much. Deer, elk, one bison, birds, hare, and one lone moose. The food lasted them for a long time enough food to feed Darcia'a pups when they were born. Pups were the future of wolves as they were with werewolves. 'Pups are cute and much loved.'

Cherished by the pack especially the alphas pups. Even the omega pups were taken care of. None were pushed aside. All taken care of and given the most meat. To this day we still did the hunt and divided the food up between the pack. It was beneficial the hunt.

In the month following the hunt we let the animals overpopulate for the hunt. And kept the predators away. 'The smell of werewolf keeps most predators away anyway. The smell of werewolves confuses them.' Wolves were all right with us. But got frightened when they saw us shift. But they were eh.

But back to topic now!

The winter hunt we did a day after Christmas and it was a good time. Mom was making Christmas dinner. It was just us and the hunters for Christmas along with Alana and Kadan's family. The kitchen smelt divine but we stayed out.

Unlike Thanksgiving it wasn't as busy. Mom made sure to give herself a break. 'Just Christmas ham, turkey, homemade Mac and cheese, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.' And then some desserts. Mocha cookies and other winter treats as well as lactose free eggnog and homemade eggnog, alcohol and alcohol free.

We were allowed to only drink the eggnog.

****************
"Christmas!" Alex made it a routine to wake us all up in the morning. Mom and dad were always up because of that so he didn't come jumping on the bed. With a bit of a smile I got up and combed my hair.

And then followed into the living room where Alex was sitting in front of the giant Christmas tree. Presents spilled from underneath and I smiled a bit as I took a seat in the chair with a bit of a smile on my face. 'I'm interested in what we got. Maybe some useful and entertaining things.'

I shrugged as slowly the rest of our brothers made their way downstairs. Angel smiled a bit upon seeing the presents as Nico stayed at her side. Nico has the best present for a mated male werewolf. A pregnant mate carrying his unborn pup.

'I'm not sure who is more excited for the pup. Angel or Nico.' I shrugged at that. They were both quite excited for their baby. Mom and dad were already downstairs with Isaac on the ground with one of his stuffed animals in his hands as he watched the presents with wide black eyes with the silver ring around the pupil.