|Chapter 32|

|Dalton|

The blade against my neck was made of silver. I knew it the moment Lucian grabbed me and forced me to shift. The sizzle and burning sensation on my neck told me he had a silver blade in his hand and against my throat.

He moved fast and that was for sure. 'By the time we caught his scent and heartbeat he had us and was making us shift back.' He was fast for sure, and that just topped off the strength he wielded. And now we were in a draw and that was for sure.

Isabella had her own silver blade to Alina's throat and Lucian had one to mine. Except Isabella was focused and wasn't giving Alina a chance to escape her grasp. And Lucian had returned the favor with me. The both of them had the blades tight against our throat.

If we moved in a way to escape we'd slit out throats. 'And we can heal from a lot of things, but if he slits our jugular well we defiantly won't survive that.' And the same thing applied for Alina which is what we were presented with. Now we were at a draw.

Isabella with Alina and her grasp a dagger to her throat and Lucian had one at mine. I was still so the burning wasn't as bad as it had been. But the burn of the silver was still there and I was doing my best not to have it as bad.

Alina had a bit of a burn on her neck from Isabella's blade as well. 'Well it seems to be silver still works on them so we have that for sure.' All I could do was stand there and silently agree with Isabella. Because moving could bring me closer to that blade.

And I had no desire to be the victim of the blade. "I know the bond of a mate, it's a strong one." Lucian said his eyes keeping Isabella in sight as he walked forward. I had no choice but to walk forward with him or risk being cut.

"I have it with Alina. . . but amplified. The only reason your still alive is because your more useful to me alive than dead or I'd shred you for putting a blade to her throat. But I think what I'm doing is fair." Lucian said glancing at me.

'Holding us with a blade to our throat, but since Isabella has Alina I guess it is fair.' As much as it sucked to admit it, it was the truth. Isabella had Alina in her grasp so Lucian responded in a similar manner with me in his grasp as well.

"As long as you return Alina to me. . . alive I'll return him to you alive. I have respect for my creations. Sure I didn't turn him, but he is a werewolf, the species I created." Lucian said. 'It's still hard to believe we're standing next to the first werewolf.'

It was but here we were. "And an alpha no less and one of the originals when the werewolves finally evolved from the turned ones. I do prefer the werewolves that had evolved, mine are much more violent and uncontrolled. A side effect of being turned." Lucian said looking at Isabella.

Isabella was silent. 'She's no doubt trying to make a plan that keeps her a step ahead, but us safe as well.' You could see it in the blue eyes with the silver swirls. The gears were spinning in her head as she thought and plotted on what to do next.

"The only good thing is I can control them, it just take lots of will. Which is why I prefer werewolves now like you guys. You have more control and the forms are defiantly more adapt for this lifestyle." Lucian said as he watched Isabella who had a tight grip on Alina.

"Giant wolves, but from what I've heard the forms are very good for fighting as well as blending in. I've seen them and they were quite something else. Maybe I can convince a few regular werewolves to join me." Lucian said with a thoughtful look on his face as he smiled.

'Well Lucian is defiantly cooking up something that involves people joining him.' 'And being good fighters, do you think he's planning to attack somewhere.' 'It wouldn't shock me with how many he's turned.' I looked back at Isabella and forced a smile out to her to let her know I was ok.