|Chapter 34|

|Dalton|

The silver was prominent against Alina's pale skin. It started at her shoulder and ended right near her left breast. Alina's face was scrunched in pain the entire time Isabella injected her. I had never experienced a silver exploding bullet nor wanted to.

It was a silver bullet with liquid silver inside and the billet ruptured and melted inside hitting the blood stream. It was a death sentence if not treated. Isabella had stopped it and injected it near her heart. The hunter, the blonde one was in pieces for shooting Alina.

The large brown Lycan like creature tore into her. Lucian's form was huge and when hunched over did resemble a wolf. . . with really big legs. And he showed the hunter no mercy. 'He showed the hunter the mercy she showed his mate. And she showed not one bit of mercy to her.'

Once the hunter was in pieces Lucian was at Alina's side. "What did she do to her?" Lucian demanded. "It's a bullet that explodes silver. It won't spread anymore but we have to drain the silver out of her and it's a dangerous process." Isabella said worry lining her face.

"We'll have to rupture one of the veins and let the silver drain out. But she could bleed out in the process. It's supposed to be monitored and we don't have a pack doctor at our disposal. The longer the silver is in the more damage it does." Isabella spoke.

'The look on his face is one of pure anger. That hunter signed their death certificate for going after Alina.' Lucian was pissed but nodded. "If she begins to bleed out you are going to transfuse my blood into her body. Or I will end him." Lucian said looking at me. Isabella nodded.

Taking out a steel dagger Isabella cut into Alina's arm who screamed. Lucian hushed her and brushed her sweaty hair from her face. "It's going to be ok Alina. We're going to get you better." Lucian told her with a smile on his face directed at her.

'Bringing her comfort in the time she needs it the most.' The silver had to come out of her veins and bleeding her out was the only way we had available. You could stick an IV in and drain the silver but that was something you had to know how to do.

Because if you didn't you would end up with a corpse. It was a good thing us werewolves healed fast, and Alina with being a turned one even faster. Although the silver halted her healing rate. It made it slower. It's how those bullets operated.

They were the bane of a werewolf when it came to fights. 'It was a method originally used to put down rabid rogues, but now it's abused way more than it should be.' And that hunter was not ours. The only hunters we had were Enyr, Derik, Lucas, and Ryne. Besides Isabella of course.

Isabella was squeezing Alina's arm as silver ran and burned her skin. "Get something to get the silver off of her skin." Isabella ordered. Lucian was a dominant person. Just being in the same room as him spoke of the dominance he held. He was an alpha, and he made it clear.

He took orders from no one. And listened to no one, except for Alina. 'It's built into him like it is in most alphas, but more so in him.' He was made to lead, he wasn't meant to follow and take orders. And I could tell that with just looking at him.

But he listened to Isabella because it was his mate that they were talking about. And like every alpha out there he bowed down to his mate. If his mate wanted it, she got it. And it was her life, and her health at stake.

'Even the strongest alpha, the most dominant alpha will take an order if it can save their mate.' Lucian wasted no time in getting things to wipe the silver away. With a rag and water in hand each time the bloody silver ran he rubbed it off and splashed her with water.