Chapter 4

Luke

''...I'm sorry, but what is a twink?'' I asked. The smirk on the boy's face grew wider at my words as he approached the girl and me, Faith following behind him.

''Nothing, Luke... I think it's best you go now, plenty of places you must be...'' She said in a rush, pulling me up out of the pew. I clenched my papers closer to my body, gazing up at the man in front of me. He was at least twice my size... in height and weight. Not only was he extremely tall, but he was also rather muscular.

''Aren't you going to introduce me to blondie here?'' He said, motioning a tattooed hand towards me. I furrowed my eyebrows at the nickname, glancing back and forth between the two.

''...Luke, this is Gabriel.'' The girl said to me, her voice lingering with uncertainty.

That's when I realized... this was the boy I saw from last night. He was having a rather... interesting time with his aunt. Gabriel Lucifer Lancaster, if I remember her shouts correctly.

''So what's the kid doing here? Are we going to stand here and stare at each other all fucking day?'' He suddenly said, his words making me cringe. Whenever someone curses I always cringe... I just never liked it. Why couldn't he say something like... 'freaking?'

''U-um...'' The girl stuttered out, biting her lip while gazing at the ground.

This is it. This is where my life ends. I'm going to be murdered by a man twice my size... a man who is wearing eyeliner and platform boots... maybe he will decide to crush my skull by stomping on me with them. Who knows!

He suddenly grasped onto the papers in my hands, pulling them out of my grasp. I went to grab them back... but the girl held me back, gazing at me with a frown lingering on her lips.

''I wouldn't do that if I were you.''

I watched as his facial expression changed with each word he read off of the paper. I didn't know which one he grabbed... though I didn't know myself what was on most of them. My dad just handed them to me and told me to get out...

I watched as his pierced lips slowly turned into a smirk, his gaze leaving the paper and returning to me.

''Hell will be your final resting place if you do not convert.'' He said to me... was that what my father wanted me to say to them?

''Get out.'' He said to me viciously, shoving the papers against my chest. The force from his shove threw me back down into the pew- I almost felt my heart stop, trying everything in my power to keep the tears from leaving my eyes... I couldn't have a thought attack here. I couldn't... it was bad with my friends, but here? I don't know these people...

I felt my hands at my sides begin to shake, my breathing growing faster with every second. I couldn't let it happen here...

''Hey, blondie. Are you alright?'' The guy suddenly said to me. I slowly brought my gaze up to him- the three of them were looking at me with concern lingering in their eyes... Gabriel looked guilty. He shouldn't be... I'm the one who came here in the first place. They don't know that my father told me to... It really was a stupid concept. I can't convert these people.

I couldn't help but feel worse. I can't imagine what I have in store for me when I get home.

''Y-Yeah. Don't worry about it.'' I said in almost a whisper. I forced myself off of the pew, my hands growing shakier with every second. The flashbacks... they kept coming back in my head on and off. It's so awful how sensitive I am to the smallest shove... I'm weak.