Explanations

This is an explanation chapter for some things that may happen and wasn't explained thoroughly. (:

----------------------------------

The Painter

The painter represents Luke's transition from purity with god to Sin. The painter started off with a clear, white canvas which represents Luke's absolute purity and obedience to God. As time went by, Luke started to indulge in things that may have been considered a Sin to God's eyes. As Gabriel and Luke started to become more physical... the canvas became darker and darker with time. Not because the act they were doing was a homosexual act, it was simply because the act they were doing was sex. The painter finally painted the whole canvas black to demonstrate Luke's Sin... but realizes the canvas is beautiful in its own way. The canvas IS the painter. Full of Sin. Just like all of us. Nobody is perfect. We are all full of Sin and that is just human nature. Luke has grown to accept that. The white pain resembles Luke's innocence and the Black paint resembles Sin. The canvas is Luke.

Miranda Ivy (TW: R*PE)

Miranda Ivy's story was not something I spoke about in this book. In my one-shot book I might post a chapter of her story- but for now, I will give a quick summary of why she acted the way she did. Miranda Ivy is a victim of r*pe as a young child. Her parents never helped her recover, only shove the word of God down her throat. She developed PTSD and DID from this. She was put in an arranged marriage with Luke's father at the age of 18... and that's when it got worse and worse. Miranda Ivy is innocent. She can not whatsoever control who she is around Luke's father, nor can she remember what she says around him. She is released from prison and is being treated.

Kyle Taylor

Kyle is a crackhead at heart yes... but he goes through a lot of things. I'd just like to put this here for his own sake. He has a really bad back and sometimes he cannot help smoking the stuff he does. He does not have good insurance, so he struggles with it every day. Of course, he eventually gets it taken care of, but... he's a good guy, truly. He loves Gabriel and everyone else with a big heart. He has struggles too.

Caleb Bane

Caleb is simply a transgender man. Female to male. It's not a big deal, really. He's just as a man like everyone else and doesn't need to be treated any differently. He's a sweet boy with a big heart, just as Kyle and the rest of the male characters.

Andrew Williams

Andrew was not only one of the boys Gabriel messed around with. Andrew was one of his ex-boyfriends. They generally had a good relationship, even though it only lasted about two weeks and it was mainly a sexual relationship. Unlike all the other people Gabriel messed with, he actually had romantic feelings for him and cared for him... but unfortunately, not enough to fight for him. Susan Williams, Andrew's mother, found out about the relationship they had and locked him up for good. He underwent countless upon countless things to turn him 'straight.' of course, Gabriel did try once to get him out of the holds Susan had him in... even called the police as any other person would, but... it was no use. Nobody helped him.

Andrew ended up committing suicide himself... way before Daniel did. He was dead even when Gabriel asked about Andrew to Susan. She did not care one single bit. That just goes to show how some people are.

...I can't think of anything else at the moment. Please remind me in the comments of what you want to know. My mind is fried right now.