Chapter 26

TW: Extreme topics spoken of such as Homophobia.

''You know of the man who he stays with. You know the practices he does.'' The woman said to the man. He stayed silent at her words, gazing down at the table as her gaze bored into his head. She tapped her pen against the table as she waited for a response, her brow rising as she grew angrier.

''He must have him under some spell. He does witchcraft, Mr. Williams. He tangles with the Devil! The whole family does!-''

''Susan, He isn't our problem anymore! His father is in jail for abusing his children, along with his wife! He's gone through enough!-''

''So you think it's OKAY for us to stand by and watch a poor, innocent Christian boy SWOON over some SATANIST man and commit HOMOSEXUAL ACTS? You want to let this boy fall into temptations! Do you care for-''

''Oh, be quiet woman! We stood by and watched all these years! We stood by and watched as the father abused the boys! We are all at fault!'' He snapped back, his fists clenching as he slammed his hand down on the table that separated them. Her eyes grew wide at his sudden burst of anger, taking a few seconds to process what he just said to her. She took a deep breath before gazing up at him with a fake smile plastered on her thin lips.

''I wish you were more like your father, Mr. Williams. He was bold. He knew what had to be done. He has paid the price for what he has done on this earth... but in God's eyes, he is a blessed saint.'' She said to him. He instantly began shaking his head at her words, his dark brown curls following him with every movement he made.

''That man isn't my father.'' He said through gritted teeth.

''Little Daniel... you know he's right.''

''SHUT UP! YOU'RE WRONG! I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING YOU ASK ME TO DO! I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING HE WANTS ME TO DO EITHER! I-I'M NOT A MURDERER!''

''You want redemption, right?'' She whispered. His eyes widened at her sudden question. He couldn't meet her eyes as he looked down at the ground, leaning down over the table with his fists clenched. A million different responses ran through his head as the question she asked him repeatedly in his head over and over again. Of course, he wanted redemption... the Sin he committed was filthy. He had given into the temptation of homosexuality himself. He had gone through the shock therapy thankfully granted to him by the church. He had gone to classes, he had gone through more torture... but he still has that craving for men like no other.

He hated himself.

''Murder is not redemption, aunt Susan.'' He said to her. His eyes flooded with tears as the woman brought a hand up to his cheek, His voice cracking as he softly spoke the words. She almost looked like he pitied him... but she didn't. She didn't love anybody.

Including herself.

''Murder Gabriel Lancaster. Murder Faith Lancaster. Murder all of them. And you will have your peace with God.''

''N-No...''

''Murder the Lancaster Family once and for all. God will love you once more. I will love you. Your father will love you. Your mother.''

He finally began nodding his head in agreement, more tears freely streaming down his face. She gave his cheek a soft pat, smiling at him with a dead look in her eyes. She laughed with glee as she pulled herself up from the chair, fixing the collar of her dress as she gazed out the window.