Chapter 8

TW: Contains extreme violence.

Luke

I felt like a little kid again.

I was hiding in my closet with various stuffed animals around me in a circle. I kept slipping back and forth in my thought attacks... He was coming for me. He was going to hurt me really bad this time, I knew it.

When I came home my mom caught me. She didn't see who drove me home, but I don't think it really mattered.

''LUKE NATHANIEL IVY! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?'' She screamed at me. I froze in my tracks at her words, not daring to meet her angry glare. I heard her heels click against the hard tile as she approached me.

I felt as her hand grasped onto a chunk of my hair, pulling me down forcefully to meet her eyes.

''WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?''

''I-I went out with some friends, mom-''

The grip on my hair grew tighter at my words. Her eyebrows were furrowed in anger as she listened to me speak. Even though dad wasn't home from work yet... she was far gone. I don't think I'd ever get that nice side of my mother ever again. It's like something broke in her last night when she hit me.

''Your father will be home soon, kid. He knows you didn't go to school.'' She hissed, releasing my hair from her hands. I immediately let out a whimper of fear at her words, taking a few steps back.

''Mama, don't let him hurt me... please.'' I cried out. I watched as her facial expression twitched at my words- I never had asked her to stop it. She never has tried to defend me when my dad beat me each time. I wonder if she could stop him? Could anyone stop it?

''You deserve it.'' She finally told me. She didn't meet my eyes as she spoke. I felt the tears flow freely down my face as I pushed past her and up the staircase to my room... I had to hide in the closet and block the door. He's going to be home soon.

I can't tell Gabriel. I already spent the whole day with him and Melody, I'd be overstaying my welcome.

I can't get my parents in trouble. God would frown upon me... I'd lose my home, my friends... I'd lose everything. I just cannot deal with another beating, it hurts... my ankle still hurts. My body still aches from the beating he gave me a few days ago, I could hardly walk.

I felt my chest begin to burn as I began wheezing. I couldn't stop the tears that began pouring down my face as I pulled my legs closer to my body... I left my asthma pump in my room. I couldn't go out and get it. He was going to come home any minute now.

''God, please...'' I whispered out. I folded my shaky hands together, licking my bottom lip before I spoke.

''Please, don't let him hurt me... I know it's your plan, but I-I'm asking. I'm not strong enough to take the punishments, please... You know my limits, just please don't let him hurt me.'' I begged out to God.

I didn't get an answer as usual.

''WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER ME! WHY DO YOU LET HIM HURT ME! WHY ARE YOU LETTING THIS HAPPEN! GOD ANSWER ME! PLEASE!'' I screamed out against the tears. My hands got shakier with every word I screamed out. I needed Gabriel here to hold them for me so they would stop. I needed everything to stop.

''WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, LUKE?''

''Please God... I won't ask for anything again, don't let him hurt me, please. God I-I don't want to be alive anymore, just take that away. I'd rather be dead than this, please God... take it away, take it away.'' I sobbed out. I heard as my father's footsteps trailed up the stairs. I heard the sound of his belt raddling in his hands.