Chapter 33

Note before the chapter starts, please read:

I'd just like to note that when I attach songs it isn't really just because I like the song- It's because I listened to that song while writing an important part in the book. Music inspires my writing and that's why I always encourage people to listen while reading because it will help tell the story even more.

This song helped me write the scene that will happen at the end of the chapter. It comes with a lot of emotions.

It's not just a 'smut' scene. It's the development of Luke and Gabriel's relationship, fully becoming comfortable with each other's skin and I think that is beautiful.

Thank you for reading! (:

-----------------------------------------------

Luke

''He's just so freaking stupid! Sometimes I just wanna slap him in the face sometimes!'' I said, shaking my fists in the air as I gazed out the window, my eyes furrowed in anger as Gabriel began laughing. His hands were wrapped around the steering wheel firmly as he gazed over at me in amusement.

''I never liked the guy. I never even liked the church in the first place, but nobody wanted to listen to me...'' David muttered. I turned myself around in my seat, gazing at David with his arm slung over Josiah's shoulder. Josiah was sleepily rubbing his eye as he gazed up at him with a smile lingering on his lips. Jazmin and Mary were in the back of the van playing cards and talking quietly to themselves.

''My mom never liked him either, but... she already pledged her life to the church. It's kind of scary how seriously they take it.'' Josiah muttered. He let out a tired yawn afterward, his eyes struggling to stay open.

''Why are you so tired, Josiah? It's like noon.'' Gabriel suddenly asked him. Josiah's eyes snapped open at Gabriel's words, his tan skin flushing a red as he made eye contact with David. David was already smiling at him with a look of amusement in his eyes.

''I was up late.'' He finally replied to him. Gabriel's pierced lips suddenly turned into a smirk at his response, his eyes lingering up to the mirror to look back at David. David was looking back at him with finger guns, Josiah's face growing hotter with every second passing.

Mary was staring at both of them in complete confusion.

''Nice.'' Gabriel said nonchalantly.

Before I could ask what the heck they were talking about, Gabriel's phone began to go off. I sat down in my seat while Gabriel motioned for me to answer the phone. I took his phone out of the cup holder with no hesitation, answering the phone and holding it up to my ear.

''Yo, Gabriel! We need to pull over and make a stop at mcdonk-a-donk! Dallas wants nugs!'' Kyle yelled into the phone. I furrowed my eyebrows at the yells of protest in the background, followed by fits of laughter.

''No! You're the one who said you wanted to 'feast on some nugs!' Don't frame me as the fatass!''

''...It's Luke. Gabriel's busy driving so he told me to answer the phone.''

''Oh, perfect! work your twink magic and convince your man to stop at McDonald's!''

''Stop calling me that! I don't even know what that means! You're so weird!''

''Baby, give me the phone.'' Gabriel suddenly said to me. I immediately handed the phone over to him, watching as he placed the phone to his ear and running his tongue over his bottom lip before he spoke.

''Somebody better have to piss or I'm gonna make you pull over your van so I can whoop your ass into another dimension.''

He listened to Kyle ramble for a few moments before letting out a deep sigh.