Chapter 29

One week later, December 19th

Luke

I watched as Gabriel and Kyle struggled to hang up the Christmas lights across each wall that ran across Gabriel's apartment. Sweat beat down Gabriel's brow as his hands shook with the small thumbtacks in his hand- each one eventually falling out of his grasp. Each thumbtack falling resulted in a series of curses, bickering, and growls of anger.

''WHY THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' THUMBTACKS SO SMALL!'' Gabriel hissed, the words passing his lips angrily. Kyle shook his head in his direction, his red glazed eyes looking over to him in disapproval.

''Your goddamn hands are too fuckin' big! That's why!''

''You're gonna be sayin' that when my goddamn fist is lodged up your AS-''

''Putting up Christmas lights shouldn't be this difficult! Stop arguing and do it so we can go Christmas shopping!'' Melody yelled out to both of them. She let out an exasperated sigh afterward, resting her head on Matthew's shoulder. He smiled softly at her before resting his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him with a faint blush lingering on his cheeks. I couldn't help but smile myself- they reminded me of when I was smaller. They acted the same way then, as they do now.

They still love each other the same, maybe even more.

We watched as the two finally finished hanging up the lights. They stepped back from the wall, placing their hands on their hips before looking questionably up at the lights. Gabriel then turned towards me, his pierced lips turning into a smile.

''How do you like it?''

The lights were strung poorly and weren't even. Parts of the string of lights were already falling down from the thumbtacks shoved into the wall forcefully. I took a shaky breath, bringing a hand up to my mouth and raising an eyebrow. Gabriel patiently waited for my response, a look of hope in his eyes.

''...I'll fix it later. Let's go.''

-----------------------------------------------

Gabriel

''Why don't you get this for Luke? I think he'd really like it!'' Melody exclaimed to me, holding up a 5SOS band-tee in front of my eyes.

''I'll get it for him. I know he likes plants too, I just don't know where to buy them... and hide them from him.'' I said to her. She nodded her head, walking over to the other side of Hot Topic as I followed her.

Melody and I were together shopping while Matthew, Luke, and Kyle went elsewhere. Kyle was being a little piss baby and not talking to me... so It was just Melody and I.

''Are you going to get Kyle anything?'' Melody asked me. I scoffed at her words, looking up at the collection of shirts that strung up the side of the wall. I resisted the urge to buy myself a Suicide Silence band t-shirt... as much as I wanted it. This store really brings out the edgy teenager inside of me. Next thing you know I'll be fuckin' dressing up in MCR merch and marching around the store like some dumbass.

''He'd be happy with a bag of weed and some of those gummy worms he likes,'' I mumbled. She suddenly put down the wallet she had in her hands, turning back towards me with a frown lingering on her lips.