Chapter 35

Luke

She couldn't even look me in the eyes as she placed the keys in my hands. Gabriel and Kyle grew silent as I followed her movements, my heart beating a mile a minute from the anger that was building up in my chest.

Who is this girl? why was she talking about Gabriel like that?

''Thank you.'' I said to her. She nodded her head, not meeting my gaze as she looked back up at Gabriel. She smiled brightly at him as she waved her fingers goodbye, nervously looking back over to me. The smile on her face faded as she saw my facial expression- I figured I looked really mad.

Don't look at him. He's mine.

I took ahold of Gabriel's hand, intertwining our fingers as I walked away from the receptionist's desk. I heard Kyle yelling at Ambrosia as we walked up the flight of stairs that led to the rooms, Gabriel silent behind me as he held tightly onto me. He squeezed my hand reassuringly, causing me to let out a shaky sigh.

I never really felt like this before. I felt so protective over Gabriel right now- I didn't even want her to look in his direction. I know that I don't OWN Gabriel... but I can't help it. He's my boyfriend, she doesn't have the right to look at him like that! She doesn't have the right to talk to him like they are dating!

I finally found our room after walking together in silence. I unlocked the door, pushing it open and my eyes widening at the sight.

It was a very pretty room. It was a very bright room with its main colors being white and grey. When you first walk in, there is a living room area with a flat-screen TV, along with a couch and a love seat. The bedroom was to the left of the living room with a king-sized bed and another tv. connected to the bedroom was a bathroom with a big shower, and a sink with two different places to wash your hands. That's so freaking cool!

Gabriel and I walked into the bedroom together, placing our bags down on the bed. He sat down on the bed, looking towards me with a concerned look on his face. I ignored his gaze, taking our bags and sitting down on the floor near the dressers that sat to the left of the bed.

I began taking Gabriel's clothes out of his bag, organizing them into the one dresser neatly.

''Are you mad at me?'' Gabriel asked, his deep voice cutting the tension of the room. I slowly turned toward him, folding one of his shirts I had in my room and placing it on my lap. I shook my head slowly, feeling the heat come to my face.

''No, I'm not mad at you... I don't know what is wrong with me.'' I mumbled. I watched as he laid down on the bed, looking at me with an amused smile lingering on his lips. I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in his direction at his smile. It's like he knows my feelings more than I do.

...I guess I'm a little out of touch with my feelings.

''You're jealous. You're just feeling protective of me, blondie. It's not weird to feel like that. I feel protective of you sometimes.''

Oh.

''Who is she anyway? And why was she talking to you like that! You don't belong to her!'' I said, my voice rising as I gazed down at the shirt in my hand. I was holding onto it really tightly in anger. Whoops.

''She's... someone I used to talk to.''

''Oh. So an ex-girlfriend?''

''...No.''