Chapter Two

A weekend with her brothers has proven to be the best thing to happen in Arabella's immortal lifespan. Despite being a century apart, their bond hasn't wavered. The Salvatore siblings are just as reckless and bold as ever.

"You mean to tell me that Damon has turned into a charmer?" Arabella laughs. She takes another sip of her whiskey, feeling a bit of the effects begin to take hold over her.

"One could call me a womanizer now," Damon responds with a charming grin. He drinks deeply from his own whiskey. "Chicks dig the bad boys."

Stefan rolls his eyes as Arabella laughs. The sound seems like a melody to the boys, who have missed the excitement their younger sister used to bring them. Now that she is back, she seems to make them feel whole again.

"Damon likes to indulge himself on a lot of things," Stefan states in a somewhat annoyed tone. He takes a quick glance at his watch with a frown. "I'm going to have to sleep. I have school tomorrow."

Arabella smirks. "You're an immortal now and you still care for your education. I'm sure you've graduated from high school about one million times."

Waving his arm in Stefan's direction, Damon begins to mock Stefan. "Stefan's all about becoming more educated. It's part of his 'holier than thou' scheme."

Rolling her eyes, Arabella watches as Stefan leaves the room. His steps seem to bounce a little more than usual, almost as though he is walking on air.

Damon takes a quick look at his watch before he, too, stands. "I'm gonna have to sleep too if I want to have my energy for spying,." Taking note of his sister's quirked brow, Damon turns to face her with a pleasant smile. "The town has a new resident werewolf, and I, being a wonderful citizen, want to make sure his intentions are pure." His blue eyes look to the side as he tries to come up with other words to add to it. "Or something."

The immortal werewolf's eyebrows scrunch together. "Mhm. If your reputation holds any ounce of truth, then I believe that was a lie that came out of your mouth, brother."

A smirk graces his face as he walks away from her. "Maybe, my darling sister. You'll just have to wait and see."

Releasing a breathy laugh, Arabella sets down her glass and leans against the back of the couch. If the past century has led to so many changes, is she ready to face centuries more?

A new heaviness strikes her heart at the thought. Arabella will never be able to live a normal life. If she were to try to, she'd outlive everyone she'd come to care about and would eventually have to leave them. Over and over again in some savage cycle.

Is that a life she truly deserved to live? Is this what Katherine truly wanted to subject her to? An immortal life of misery?

Fatigue slowly washes over the girl and she soon somehow finds herself in her bedroom, sleeping on her gigantic cot. Tomorrow may prove to be a better day.

Arabella scrunches her eyebrows at the small building in distaste. Even from outside, she can smell the terrible greasy food and alcohol.

"You want me to go in there?" She asks him.

Damon smirks at her. "Dad isn't around to reprimand you for being near guys with good taste in alcohol, so you'll be fine." Seeing the glower on her face, Damon waves her off. "Besides, you need to see what modern day people are like."

Following him into the building, Arabella easily keeps up with her brother's long strides. "If 'modern day people' drink all day and eat such greasy food, then I think I shall try to avoid them," she responds.

As soon as they enter the tiny place, the aromas of the pub intensify. It nearly overwhelms Arabella to be around so many scents.

Her eyes scan the room, studying the occupants and their strange new mannerisms. Almost everything about people have changed: the way they dress, their hairstyles, their manners, speech patterns. Such a thought seems to be too much for one person take in all at once.