Chapter Five

Arabella wakes to find herself trapped in the dark with a massive headache. She suppresses a moan of pain as she attempts to sit up to see more. The wolf's bane in her system, however, make the task seem impossible.

She turns her head slightly to find Elena unconscious in front of her. "Elena," she groans in pain.

She reaches over to try to shake her awake, but pauses when she hears footsteps approaching them. Closing her eyes, Arabella pretends to be asleep as someone opens the trunk and lifts Elena out of it.

"What do you want me to do with the wolf?" A deep voice asks. Arabella cannot pinpoint the true location of the sound, but she knows that he is close by. Too close to try and make her move.

"Use this, tie her up with these ropes, and put her in the back," another man's voice responds.

As the first guy comes back and approaches the car, Arabella knows that this may be her only chance at survival.

Before she can consider her next plan of action, however, someone stabs another needle of wolf's bane into her leg.

She groans in pain for a second before darkness takes over yet again.

When Arabella wakes again, she is tied to a chair with ropes doused in wolf's bane. She can tell that the skin on her arms are already raw, so she knows she's been there for a while.

Swallowing, Arabella looks around the room she's in until she finds Elena passed out of the couch. "Elena," she croaks. Her voice is hoarse for some strange reason.

"Oh, good," a feminine voice with a British accent states. Arabella can hear the click of high heels on the floor as a vampire female with medium length brown hair comes into view. "You're awake."

The werewolf blinks at the woman in confusion. "Why have you kidnapped us?" She asks carefully.

The British vampire tilts her head to the side. "Her, I need for a deal." She turns to look at Elena, who can apparently sleep through everything. "You, are the result of a botched kidnapping." She eyes Arabella in disgust. "I told my brother to kill you, but he believes you have more worth to us alive."

Arabella watches as the woman circles around her. "What are we to do with you?" To Arabella, this seems to be one twisted cat and mouse game.

The woman puts her hands on either side of Arabella's face. "Right now, I think you have no true use to me."

Before she can protest, the vampire snaps the girl's neck and darkness surrounds her again.

These vampires have no clue about her curse, that much is evident in the fact that they untied her after the female snapped her neck. Arabella's eyes glow gold as she wakes up, her wolf half wanting to tear those vampires apart.

Arabella stands and hides in the corner by the doorframe, hearing loud footsteps approach her. Based on the scent alone, she knows that it's the male walking into her direction. She clenches her hand around the broken wood from the chair tighter, prepared to make her demands.

As soon as the male rounds the corner, Arabella grabs him and pushes the stake against his back. If she adds even a little bit of pressure, the stake will go straight through his heart.

"You were dead," the vampire states dumbly as she growls in his ear.

"I am cursed," she responds. The werewolf forces the man to turn and face the direction he came from, the direction of Elena's heartbeat. "Walk or I will drive this stake through your entire body."

He does as she says leading her to the room where Elena is being kept. Elena is sitting on the couch alone. Her eyes widen in surprise when she sees Arabella.