Chapter Ten

Klaus looks angry when he comes back to the apartment. He must have run out of things to do in Mystic Falls before he breaks his curse. Glancing around, the man searches for something out of the ordinary of the apartment.

His eyes pause on Arabella for a moment, who is sleeping on the couch, before moving to Katherine. She stands over at the coffee maker and pours herself a cup. He narrows his eyes at her angrily. "What have you been up to?"

Katherine looks innocently down at her mug as she sets it onto the table. "Making coffee. Want some?"

With his vampire speed, the hybrid grips Katherine by the throat and lifts Katherine into the air. His action wakes up Arabella startlingly. "Tell me what you've been doing.'"

"Making coffee," Katherine chokes out. After a moment, Klaus releases the vampire and allows her to slowly walk away from him. He must have been wrong about the whole thing.

"Wait," he states. He knows full well that Arabella's attention is fully on the pair now, but he doesn't really care at the moment.

The vampire comes to a dead stop in front of him. "Take off your bracelet." He waits until her bracelet is in his hand before staring straight into her eyes. "Now, I want you to walk over to the window, and stand in the sunlight."

A terrified look appears on Katherine's face. She doesn't doubt that Klaus will force her to stand in the sun until she burns to death. "But I'll burn," she argues.

Smirking, Klaus stares her straight in the eyes. "You don't have a choice."

The smell of burning flesh wafts through the air of the apartment. For a moment, Arabella thinks that Katherine is going to blow their cover or that Klaus is going to roast her alive in the sun. Soon enough, though, he gives her the okay and watches her scramble into the corner.

"Hm, guess I was wrong," he mutters to himself as he takes another sip of his black coffee. He acts as though what he asked of her is normal.

Upon seeing the terrified look on the werewolf's face, Klaus raises his eyebrows. It's as though he is saying 'you wanted me to torture her'.

When Arabella left Katherine's demise to Klaus though, she wasn't sure what she had in mind. To do Klaus's bidding for eternity certainly wasn't it.

Only a few hours before he performs his ritual, Klaus barges into the room. "Where's Maddox?" He asks impatiently.

"I don't know," Katherine responds.

Arabella lifts an eyebrow at the hybrid as he turns on a computer with a live screen video of a werewolf beginning the early stages of her transformation. She forgot that tonight is the full moon and that Katherine may be dead by the end of it.

Moments after Klaus entered the room, Damon crashes into the room and fixes Klaus a glare. Her brother must be the stupidest vampire on the planet.

Klaus doesn't even look at who entered the room. He knows it's the stupid and arrogant Salvatore brother that will do anything to save the one he loves. "I wasn't aware you've been invited in," he says as a form of greeting.

"I've come here to tell you that you have to postpone the ritual," Damon replies.

Arabella and Katherine stand at the back of the room, the former staring at her brother with wide eyes. If only she could knock some sense into her brother.

Klaus watches his werewolf video, waiting for the perfect moment. "Didn't we already have this conversation?"

"That was before I saved your werewolf and vampire and killed your witch."